Race Tracks in/near Panama | FerrariChat

Race Tracks in/near Panama

Discussion in 'Latin America' started by tsubie, Sep 21, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tsubie

tsubie Rookie

Sep 21, 2006
    Hey guys,

Apologies, its not ferrari related but im seriously considering moving to panama from australia and id love to know if there are any decent race tracks there or close by.

google hasnt turned up anything for me, any help would be greatly appreciated!

- Sam

2. ROLOcr

ROLOcr Formula Junior

Oct 25, 2005
    Costa Rica
    Full Name:
    ROLO
    hi TSUBIE

i live in Costa Rica, we have one track, check it out here

http://www.trackpedia.com/wiki/La_Guacima

now, panama has two tracks, one is called RIO HATO and the other one i can't remember the name

i will find out, and let you know
    email me for more at [email protected]

take care

ROLOcr

3. GOB

GOB Karting

Dec 22, 2003
    Panama
    Full Name:
    Gus
    Rolo is correct with the name, Rio Hato, but that is an abandoned airfileld with two landing strips. On November 12, 2006, will be the last race since the resorts around the area have been granted the use of the airport for what it was really meant. Rio Hato was horrible to begin with (surface and infrastructure wise), but at least it let the racers get their adrenalin out.

There was a major race track being constructed near Cerro Campana, but one of the promoters was a money launderer and got caught. The government has taken over his assets (including the halfway done track) and frozen them.

Long story short: we had no tracks to really begin, and after a few weeks, nowhere to race for the forseeable future.

4. ICohen424

ICohen424 Rookie

Nov 8, 2013
    I realize this is a VERY old thread but its the closest I could find to the info Im looking for...

I just moved to Panama from the states and Im looking for a track here.
    Ive heard Rio Hato was here but its now an airport...

Does anyone know of a track in Panama?