Real Estate in Brazil | FerrariChat

Real Estate in Brazil

Discussion in 'Latin America' started by PaulK, Mar 28, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PaulK

PaulK F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 24, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Paul
    !Does anyone know of a reputable English speaking real estate agent or attorney in the Sao Paulo area in Brazil? The language barrier is tougher than I expected, and I would like to speak to someone down there regarding Real Estate. Any help would be appreciated.

2. guirodri

guirodri Karting

Apr 26, 2005
    Rio - Brazil
    Full Name:
    G Rodrigues
    Many of the famous international companies have offices in Brazil. If you are looking for exclusive($) real estate will be easy to find people used to make deals with foreigners. If not it's a little more dificult but not impossible. I have some contacts in São Paulo, you can send me a message more specific about what you're looking.

3. PaulK

PaulK F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 24, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Guirodri, Thanks for replying. You have a PM!

4. jack15

jack15 Rookie

Jun 3, 2004
    friend who practices in LA and Brazil (he owns property/businesses in Brazil). PM me if you are interested.

5. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    Why Sao Paolo ? From what I hear its a pretty rough ugly town w no beach

Why not Rio or Punta in Uruguay ? Rio is much prettier and Uruguay is prettier and much safer

6. PaulK

PaulK F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 24, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Jack, you have a PM. Thank you!

William you have a good point, but SP is a growing city. Not to say that the others are not, but SP is a growing city that I would imagine isn’t as rough as Rio. I shall investigate Rio more in due time. I don’t know anything about Uruguay though. I think pretty much all of South America to be not a bad investment as a whole. Don't you do stuff in Argentina?

7. sf_hombre

sf_hombre Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 22, 2008
    Stimulus Bill
    Full Name:
    Don
    SP is every bit as dangerous as Rio. No beaches and uglier too, but with far more good restaurants and better high end shopping. Traffic can be much worse.

SP is clearly the business leader of Brazil, but for those who could live elsewhere, I believe most would.

Boa sorte

8. PaulK

PaulK F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 24, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Hmm your comments are interesting.

Still, can't be worse than Detroit though! ;)

9. WILLIAM H

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    Yes, I can get you in touch w realtors & Attys in BA.

BA is much safer than pretty much anywhere in Brazil.

Punta del Este in Uruguay is sort of like the Palm Beach of South America. Lots of $, cars, yachts, very safe. It is known as the Switzerland of SA for all its banks

Are you looking for somewhere to live or do business ?

Pretty much everywhere in SA is corrupt and bribery is common place

I'll PM you some more details

10. PaulK

PaulK F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 24, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Paul
    William,

I got your PM before I saw this thread. I am looking for investment purposes. I wish I could move there (or anywhere for that matter). Sadly, I have learned already that I am not ready to leave my friends and my family in Detroit.

I do expect SA to be somewhat corrupt. Its an area that’s up and coming- naturally some of the old ways will still show through. But I am a firm believer that there is the right investment and the right people down there for the right job. I just have to work hard enough to find them.

Anyways, I am sure I will chit chat you some more later. I am going to have look more into BA, it sounds quite interesting.

Thank you everyone, for all your help.

11. o-din

o-din Rookie

Apr 9, 2010
    Hello Paul,

Please let me know if I can be of any help.

Working in the realestate field here in Sao Paulo, I do know of good projects around town.

I can also help you with a lawyer, if that is neccesary.

Dont be alarmed with the fear of crime her in Sao Paulo.

I am from Oslo, Norway, where there is more crime pr. capita, than down here. So dont take the press too seriously.

Please let me know if there is something I can help you with.

[email protected]

Are you looking to invest in commercial og residential realestate?

There are some very good projects going on right now, in both aereas.

12. Kds

Kds F1 World Champ

Sampa is a dump........but what do know.......the wife and I own property in Rio.

Why do you want to buy a place in Brasil anyways ? Tell me your reason and I'll give you my thoughts. I go there twice a year and know the RE scene in Rio very well.........

13. PaulK

PaulK F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 24, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Kds,

The reasoning is simple. I believe there are deals down there where I can make money on. I am looking at Sao Paulo, not Rio at the moment, but who knows. I would be interested in hearing your thoughts. PM me if you like.

14. WILLIAM H

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    Going to meet w my BA Attys tomorrow and get their Realtors.

Maybe I'll have a look while I'm here

There's a small island called Puerto Madero that has some excellent new buildings, fantastic views, and is 1 of the safest parts of BA. Has lots of restaurants, clubs, supermarket and is close to downtown.

Downtown is a dump but its where all the banks and lots of stores are

15. Stackhouse

Stackhouse F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Feb 14, 2004
    IN YOUR TRUNK
    Full Name:
    CT.. AKA Pimp Daddy
    Worked in SP if you need any info feel free to PM Me.

Big Big place!!

16. Kds

Kds F1 World Champ

PaulK.......

You have a PM.

17. PaulK

PaulK F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 24, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Thanks for all your help everyone. Stackhouse, I will PM you within the next few days...

18. Swil

Swil Karting

Jul 21, 2006
    SoCal
    Any info on Fortaleza?

19. PaulK

PaulK F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 24, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Paul
    With regards to what?

20. Swil

Swil Karting

Jul 21, 2006
    SoCal
    In regards to what's already being discussed. Quality of city, quality of life, crime rate, places to live and buy etc..

21. Dinu

Dinu Rookie

Sep 3, 2006
    Brasil
    Full Name:
    Henrique Pedigoni
    Having lived in SP a couple of years ago, I felt the need to try and protect it. I lived there for little over a year and in that period of time nothing happend to me in terms of violence. Never been robbed, even while taking the subway and walking around by myself at night.
    An uncle of mine has been living there for 3 years and nothing has happened to him neither.
    About Rio, I went there only once, and in a matter of a couple of hours, I had to run from robbers and saw a feel people being robbed.
    SP is not even near the safest city I have been in, but is not the crazyness you see on tv either. The amount of culture I got in contact with there unbelievable. Restaurants of all kinds, cinema playing movies from all over the world, theater also amazing, museums, and history as there aren´t many like it in Brazil. I have nothing but good things to say about SP, and regret not going to college there.
    With all that said, everyone's got their opnions, thats mine.