French Quarter Classic 2012, Oct. 25-27 | FerrariChat

French Quarter Classic 2012, Oct. 25-27

Discussion in 'Louisiana' started by johnhoughtaling, Aug 15, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. johnhoughtaling

johnhoughtaling Formula 3

Nov 6, 2002
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    John William H.
    #1 johnhoughtaling, Aug 15, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2012
    *The following invitations have gone out to CCR members and past French Quater Classic members. If you are not a CCR member or a past FQC attendee, but would like to attend there will be a first come first serve wait list after an expiration of tickets for priority invites.

The event is limited to 100 cars. Every time Franco and I have hosted the FQC over 12 years, it has sold out. So if you are interested, register ASAP.

The track days are open to all Ferraris. If you have any questions contact me at [email protected]

The French Quarter Classic Returns!!
    October 25-27, New Orleans
    Franco Valobra and I are*pleased to announce the return of the French Quarter Classic, which will play*host to this year’s CCR*Finale race. This event will be the crown jewel of the*racing season and bring the CCR event to a new level. * We expect a*tremendous grid at the new Nola Motorsports Park, a $50 million dollar*motorsports complex 12 miles from New Orleans. *
    The FQC will provide an*unmatched setting for the final round. *Each night will feature gourmet*dinners, open bar, and live music*at parties hosted by Franco and me in exciting*New Orleans. *The parties will take place at historic privately owned*estates, which*tourists can only gaze upon from behind closed gates.
    The weekend’s events are*strictly limited to 100 guests, so secure your space today by going to*www.frenchquarterclassic.com *and completing your registration.**Early Registration for the event (through*September 14th) will consist of Track Packages and*VIP Hospitality*Passes.
    The VIP Hospitality Pass*includes all of your meals and activities during the weekend, including a*Thursday welcome dinner party,*Friday and Saturday track lunches, Friday Dinner*Party and Concert, and a Saturday Night Black Tie Gala followed by the*infamous*Bourbon Street Balcony after party. *
    In addition to open*track time and the highly anticipated Ferrari CCR Finale, the track event will*feature three other competitive*races, including a "Ladies Grand*Prix" thirty-minute sprint race in the new Abarth Challenge cars, and the*featured Friday night*“La Nuevell Orleans LeMans".**This one hour endurance Abarth night race will*require a mandatory five-minute pit stop and driver*change.
    The French Quarter Classic*falls on one of New Orleans’ busiest weekends, so we STRONGLY recommend you*book your hotel*and register for the event today before the hotel and the event*are SOLD OUT!**The host hotels will be both*the Windsor Court*and the Westin, where we have a limited room block and group*rate at each.**Simply call (800)262-2662*(Windsor Court) or*(888)627-8180 (Westin) and ask for the "French Quarter*Classic Ferrari Race" group rate.
    Franco & I look*forward to seeing you in New Orleans!!!
    John W. Houghtaling, II,*Esq.
    Gauthier, Houghtaling,*& Williams
    504-456-8600
    www.ghwlegal.com

2. cmparrenzo

cmparrenzo F1 Rookie

Mar 3, 2002
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Chris Parr
  3. 4re Nut

4re Nut F1 World Champ

Mar 27, 2004
    N of NOLA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    #3 4re Nut, Aug 15, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  4. johnhoughtaling

Nov 6, 2002
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    John William H.
    The FQC has partnered with the CECF and is registering through the CECF website. There's a glitch in that page.

There are two registration buttons, one for CECF, one for the FQC. The FQC registration page has the calendar, then to register click the FQC button to register for the FQC. There's a glitch on the page which you brought up, which references the previous CECF event. Just ignore it and click register for FQC and it will take you to the specifics of registering for the FQC

5. johnhoughtaling

Nov 6, 2002
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    John William H.
    For locals who just want to participate in the Ferrari track event, you can register separately.

In addition to the Ferrari Challenge Club Racing Championship races, there will also be some extremely important demo of Ferrari racecars ;). A few incredible surprises with the goal of firmly setting the Nola track record.

Also, with the Challenge races, this will be a spectator event. Tickets will be on sale at (I believe at ticketmaster for $25). I will post info soon.

As all FQCs in the past, all proceeds will be donated to charity.

6. jeff512tr

jeff512tr Formula Junior

Apr 21, 2004
    Celebration, FL
    This small glitch has been fixed.

The two events share a single website landing page, and separate after that depending on which link you select (CECF or FQC.) This allows use of, and streamlines, the registration system.

7. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Looks like another great event. See you guys there.

8. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    Is there an FAQ site with rates and hotel fees? All I get is registration info.

9. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Who else here on Fchat is planning on making it?

10. 4re Nut

4re Nut F1 World Champ

Mar 27, 2004
    N of NOLA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I will though not sure yet if as a spectator or corner marshal at the track events.

11. FDT

FDT Formula Junior

May 18, 2010
    La
    Full Name:
    Ric
    I will be there

12. Schumi

Schumi Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 5, 2002
    Missouri
    Full Name:
    Daren
    We are all glad you don't.

13. JamesBeard

JamesBeard Rookie

Jul 13, 2008
    I have never been to any event, ever, and would like to know: what can I do with my street not race car (360 spider) at the track- where is the track and do you need any special safety gear ? sounds like fun and I do love the resturants of New Orleans fo sure! any help understanding just what is this event would be appreciated-Thanks

14. Ferraribot

Ferraribot F1 Veteran

Do you need to register to just watch?

I'll be staying in the quarter that Saturday night, so if anyone wants to try to meet up, holla! :)

15. 4re Nut

4re Nut F1 World Champ

Mar 27, 2004
    N of NOLA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Well, that is certainly hard to turn down though I might be hard to find in my ninja garb. ;) :D

16. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    John will have to answer for FQC. Usually to track street cars you need full helmet less than 10 years old and sometimes just a thin karting type driver suit. They won't throw you on the track by yourself if you have never done it before. They will provide an instructor, but FQC may not be the best place for a first time track driver. I would suggest attending a local PCA Driver Education event first. It is a bunch of fun, do it.

17. lil squid

lil squid F1 Veteran

Dec 3, 2007
    Houston TX
    Full Name:
    Yuliya
    Could I bring my Abarth for the ladies challenge race, or are the entries preset/prepped Challenge cars only?

Thanks, John, and best of luck with the event!

Yuliya

18. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    If you turn your Abrath into the race spec roll cage and all before then. :D

19. lil squid

lil squid F1 Veteran

Dec 3, 2007
    Houston TX
    Full Name:
    Yuliya
    I'll think about it.. Roll cage, what else? Can i put the Venom/MM kit? :D it held its own pretty well at MSR Houston, but then I did manage not to roll it.

Now repeat after me. Abarth. Abarth. R after A. There is a test when you go buy one :D

20. jakermc

jakermc Formula 3
    Owner

Jan 17, 2004
    Palm Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Rob
    I'm in, racing the 355CH in the CCR events.

21. LouB

LouB Formula 3

Apr 15, 2001
    FL, OR
    Coundn't find any track guidlines on the web site.

Same as FCA track events? Novice dress code, long pants, sleeves?, Snell 2000 and above OK? Sport dress code, full nomex? Tech at track? Tech check sheet like FCA?

Driveing school/instructors for newbies?

Thanks

22. Chip D

Chip D Formula Junior

Sep 13, 2003
    Louisiana
    John,

Will spectators be able to pay at the gate?

You previously posted spectator tickets may be sold on ticketmaster, but I couldnt find anything on their site for the FFQC.

Really looking forward to the event!

23. 4re Nut

4re Nut F1 World Champ

Mar 27, 2004
    N of NOLA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    If you're on FB checkout https://www.facebook.com/groups/226356987391046/ for tix.

24. johnhoughtaling

Nov 6, 2002
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    John William H.
    Spectator tickets will be sold at the gate. They are $35.00 for a two day pass.

However, if you give my secretary a call, tell her you are an Fchat member I we will send you tickets I have set aside as complementary for Fchat members:

Her email

[email protected]

It will be most likely the largest Ferrari Challenge grid of the year with a race grid of 30 cars.

25. David Lind

David Lind Formula 3

Nov 19, 2008
    Full Name:
    David Lind
    Any news on a grand marshall (recalling Benuti, was it?)?
    Interesting entries?