Diablos long awaited arrival home | FerrariChat

Diablos long awaited arrival home

Discussion in 'Louisiana' started by gemlender, Sep 8, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. gemlender

gemlender Karting

Nov 3, 2009
    Louisiana
    Full Name:
    Kerry Rainey
    #1 gemlender, Sep 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I took delivery yesterday of my "dream car". The car is Perfect. With only 5720 miles on it, it's in beautiful shape. My impression: (although I have not had much time at the wheel)
    The car is solid. I'm impressed with how it drives. After driving the SL for almost a year now this is a different feel. Of coarse the Diablo is not as fast, it's 14yrs old, less HP, and heavier. But, it's just as fun to drive and still it's fast. I'm used to the short fast hard shifts in the SL. The Diablos pulls hard especially in 1st and 2nd and the shifts are long. The sound from the V12 is incredible! In sharp turns you can feel the weight of the car and its wide stance. You do get a feel of being planted firmly on the road. I find the Diablo comfortable to sit in and drive, even for my 6'4" frame. You must wear driving shoes or have small feet because of the small, very tight foot well. The clutch is heavy which I like. Although I am in love with the SL's Egear, I missed the 6 speed and the clinking of the gears. It does get some getting used to with 1st gear being where I'm used to 2nd gear being, and 2nd where 3rd,...etc.. So far it's my dream car and I'm not ready to wake up from the dream yet :). Enjoy the pics, the Blu Scuro color is beautiful and you don't get it's full effect unless you see it in person
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. gemlender

gemlender Karting

Nov 3, 2009
    Louisiana
    Full Name:
    Kerry Rainey
    #2 gemlender, Sep 8, 2013
  3. 4re Nut

4re Nut F1 World Champ

Mar 27, 2004
    N of NOLA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Gorgeous! Congrats on fulfilling your "dream".

4. coledoggy

coledoggy Formula 3

Apr 8, 2007
    ole miss
    Full Name:
    todd
    Very awesome, I would love to hear that bad boy sometime.

5. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    How's she treating you so far?

6. johnhoughtaling

johnhoughtaling Formula 3

Nov 6, 2002
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    John William H.
    Kerry
    Looks great! Bring it out to the French quarter classic event oct 25-26. We also open up a track session for Italian Sportscars (street cars), so if you are interested come!

7. gemlender

gemlender Karting

Nov 3, 2009
    Louisiana
    Full Name:
    Kerry Rainey
    #7 gemlender, Sep 14, 2013
    Thanks. I'll mark it on my calendar.
    The car is running great. I did a drive with it today. It preformed flawlessly. That V12 sound........amazing!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. BSU

BSU Formula 3

Mar 30, 2008
    TX
    Congrats! Love the Diablo. Definitely my favorite Lamborghini.