Tuscaloosa Marine Shale | FerrariChat

Tuscaloosa Marine Shale

Discussion in 'Louisiana' started by FastLapp, Dec 15, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FastLapp

FastLapp F1 Rookie

Mar 18, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    James
    Any of our members in LA or MS familiar with the drilling activity in the Tuscaloosa Marine Shale (TMS)? I've been loosely following progress there for the past eight months and it seems that interest is really picking up, with many new wells slated for 2014.

I dont have any financial interest in the play but I grew up in south MS and am interested in the slight possbility that my childhood town turns into a little boomtown. I'm going to be making a trip to the MS GC in January and may check out some of the well sites while I am down there.

2. Garymyman

Garymyman Formula Junior

Sep 15, 2008
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    Gray
    Still too early to tell, but the first completed (recompleted?) Goodrich well has been performing. Drilling costs in the formation are going to have to come down if it's going to be a success. So far only Goodrich has cracked the formula - Devon wasted lots of time and money.

3. 4re Nut

4re Nut F1 World Champ

Mar 27, 2004
    N of NOLA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Saw the article below in the paper and recalled this thread...

Community meeting set to discuss oil drilling proposal near Mandeville | NOLA.com

...the Clampetts are moving to Mandeville! :eek: :D