Touring the Coast 2015 | FerrariChat

Touring the Coast 2015

Discussion in 'Louisiana' started by gerard.hansen, Oct 7, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. gerard.hansen

gerard.hansen Formula Junior

Jun 29, 2004
    Hattiesburg/Petal MS
    Full Name:
    Gerard D. Hansen
    I was thinking about putting together a "Crusin' the Coast" style event for Vintage European cars in April 2015 along the Mississippi Gulf Coast. What I have in mind would be a three day event with a Rally / Tour Drive Friday, Concours at on Saturday and the IndyCar Grand Prix of Louisiana as the final venue on Sunday.

Thoughts?

2. David Lind

David Lind Formula 3

Nov 19, 2008
    Full Name:
    David Lind
    I like the idea a lot, but if people are going to immerse themselves in the Indy race, then they will be tied up on Fri & Sat of that weekend.

3. gerard.hansen

Jun 29, 2004
    Hattiesburg/Petal MS
    Full Name:
    Gerard D. Hansen
    David, thanks for your post and that is a very good point. I was looking at how car week at Monterey was set up with the Historic races. I guess we will just have to see how much interest from other clubs we can get for the idea. I have been told that the race promoter wants the Rolls Royce club to do a pre race parade lap with the drivers and that is what got me thinking about including the race as part of the Tour.

4. mtmilam

mtmilam Formula Junior

Oct 24, 2009
    Lafayette, LA
    Full Name:
    Mark Milam
    #4 mtmilam, Oct 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    We meet up will several Fchatters at Eurofest car show in Jaskson MS this past weekend. We all agreed we need to get some Rides together. Great bunch of guys. Probably at least 6 or 8. Would come. We all have all the emails of the Ferraris that entered... The Ferraris did pretty good at the show also.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. gerard.hansen

Jun 29, 2004
    Hattiesburg/Petal MS
    Full Name:
    Gerard D. Hansen
    Great. I know the RROC would be interested. I guess if we just spread the word we may get a good group of folks together. I love the shows but driving is better! I have a contact at a very nice golf course on the gulf coast where we could to the concours. The tour could be something as simple as a drive down Hwy 90, a rally or poker run. I guess I will set the dates and see what we can get started.

6. Smoky

Smoky Formula Junior

Aug 27, 2010
    Louisiana, USA
    I like the idea of a coastal cruise. I might be able to get the Louisiana Lambo club involved (we have about 5 or 6 regulars at this point). I could also reach out to the Viper clubs in the area.

7. gerard.hansen

Jun 29, 2004
    Hattiesburg/Petal MS
    Full Name:
    Gerard D. Hansen
    Just keep spreading the word and we will see how much interest in this. Thanks.

8. gerard.hansen

Jun 29, 2004
    Hattiesburg/Petal MS
    Full Name:
    Gerard D. Hansen
    That is the date for the event. I will keep everyone posted as plans develop.

9. mtmilam

mtmilam Formula Junior

Oct 24, 2009
    Lafayette, LA
    Full Name:
    Mark Milam
    Cool...keep us posted....Right before Taxes...Good way to Get Back at the Government...:D ..."they can Steal from us, but they can't get rid of Us "... :D

10. ferraribrit

ferraribrit Karting

Feb 27, 2009
    Ridgeland, MS
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I'm in, sounds like fun!

Best, Paul