Go Back   FerrariChat.com > Regional Areas - USA Midwest > Louisiana

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-27-2016, 11:36 AM
Two Time F1 World Champ
Rossa Subscribed

I thought There was a Unwritten Rule

No bad boys in the Quarter. Peeing in your own coffee ain't good for business.

New Orleans shooting kills 1, injures 9 - CNN.com
Old 11-29-2016, 04:27 PM
F1 Veteran
Rossa Subscribed

Full Name: Frank
My Garage
Guess you don't watch the "local" news. Crime is out of control in the French Quarter.
Old 11-29-2016, 05:09 PM
Two Time F1 World Champ
Rossa Subscribed

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparta49 View Post
Guess you don't watch the "local" news. Crime is out of control in the French Quarter.
No, I don't. I remember hearing about a guest getting robbed in one of the hotels. That was really out of bounds. But I still thought most of the bad boys where on the East side.

Too bad.
Old 11-29-2016, 06:25 PM
F1 Veteran
Rossa Subscribed

My Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Forever View Post
No, I don't. I remember hearing about a guest getting robbed in one of the hotels. That was really out of bounds. But I still thought most of the bad boys where on the East side.

Too bad.
The East is nothing. Crime is all over New Orleans. I work in the FQ and keep my head on a swivel. The criminals come out after midnight and prey on the drunk tourists going to their cars and hotel. Sometimes they run into someone who dissed them and they gotta take of that slight so these things occur. Trouble usually occurs in the first two blocks of Bourbon St. or in front of Chris Owen's Club on Bourbon and St. Louis not sure why there. Stay on well lit streets with a crowd, don't get drunk and keep your head on a swivel, have a plan to kill everyone you encounter and you should be fine. Oh and nothing good happens after midnight.
Old 11-29-2016, 07:18 PM
Two Time F1 World Champ
Rossa Subscribed

Quote:
The East is nothing. Crime is all over New Orleans. I work in the FQ and keep my head on a swivel. The criminals come out after midnight and prey on the drunk tourists going to their cars and hotel. Sometimes they run into someone who dissed them and they gotta take of that slight so these things occur. Trouble usually occurs in the first two blocks of Bourbon St. or in front of Chris Owen's Club on Bourbon and St. Louis not sure why there. Stay on well lit streets with a crowd, don't get drunk and keep your head on a swivel, have a plan to kill everyone you encounter and you should be fine. Oh and nothing good happens after midnight.
Too bad. I grew up in Pensacola and have been coming over to New Orleans for a long time. (BTW, if you're not Cajun descent, please don't say Nawlins. You won't be able to get it right. It's New Orleans.) In fact, I once watched Joe Namath destroy the Saints in the old Sugar Bowl.

But your city is going to have to do something. Broken windows, stop and frisk, long rides in cop cars, I don't know what. I hardly ever go into the Quarter and then only during the daytime or around suppertime. But this crime has got to stop.
Old 11-29-2016, 08:57 PM
F1 Veteran
Rossa Subscribed

My Garage
Quote:
Too bad. I grew up in Pensacola and have been coming over to New Orleans for a long time. (BTW, if you're not Cajun descent, please don't say Nawlins. You won't be able to get it right. It's New Orleans.) In fact, I once watched Joe Namath destroy the Saints in the old Sugar Bowl.

But your city is going to have to do something. Broken windows, stop and frisk, long rides in cop cars, I don't know what. I hardly ever go into the Quarter and then only during the daytime or around suppertime. But this crime has got to stop.
Nobody here says Nawlins. It is actually more New Arlins and there aren't cajuns here. If you want to see cajuns head to Thibodeaux and Lafayete. The first step would be for NOPD to hire some cops and start actually doing some enforcement work: stopping the cars and bicyclists that drive and ride like there are zero traffic laws, stop the people double parked blocking the streets or parked on sidewalks, stop the jaywalkers, do something about the people pissing on the streets and worse. I bet they would be amazed by the outstanding warrants the scum they stop have.
Old 11-29-2016, 09:22 PM
Two Time F1 World Champ
Not Subscribed

Full Name: Brian Crall
Quote:
Nobody here says Nawlins. It is actually more New Arlins and there aren't cajuns here. If you want to see cajuns head to Thibodeaux and Lafayete. The first step would be for NOPD to hire some cops and start actually doing some enforcement work: stopping the cars and bicyclists that drive and ride like there are zero traffic laws, stop the people double parked blocking the streets or parked on sidewalks, stop the jaywalkers, do something about the people pissing on the streets and worse. I bet they would be amazed by the outstanding warrants the scum they stop have.
Well this usually comes down to the elected officials and what constituency put them in power and which they intend to keep happy. No different in any train wreck city in the USA. Keep it up and the only tourists you'll have are the one's you do not want. I am a direct descendent of Governor Claiborne and I like to say he started the state off on a long history of political corruption. That snow ball got big enough, time to stop it if you can.

Got to take one of those tour busses if you want to see Cajuns in their natural habitat.
Old 11-29-2016, 09:59 PM
F1 Veteran
Rossa Subscribed

My Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifledriver View Post
Well this usually comes down to the elected officials and what constituency put them in power and which they intend to keep happy. No different in any train wreck city in the USA. Keep it up and the only tourists you'll have are the one's you do not want. I am a direct descendent of Governor Claiborne and I like to say he started the state off on a long history of political corruption. That snow ball got big enough, time to stop it if you can.

Got to take one of those tour busses if you want to see Cajuns in their natural habitat.
Ain't no stopping this snowball. Welcome to Mitch Landrieu's New Orleans.
Non-Sponsor Ads
Old 11-29-2016, 10:26 PM
F1 World Champ
Lifetime Rossa

Full Name: John Suarez
Quote:
I hardly ever go into the Quarter and then only during the daytime or around suppertime. But this crime has got to stop.
You are frequenting NOLA and not getting oysters with me?

Not cool!
Old 11-29-2016, 11:22 PM
F1 World Champ
Consultant

NOLA...a big ghetto with great food. The only decent part of NOLA is the track except it is flat and featureless...
Old 11-30-2016, 06:34 AM
F1 World Champ
Lifetime Rossa

Full Name: John Suarez
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatbillybob View Post
NOLA...a big ghetto with great food. The only decent part of NOLA is the track except it is flat and featureless...
Seriously?
Old 11-30-2016, 09:51 AM
F1 Veteran
Rossa Subscribed

My Garage
Quote:
I would dispute the Ghetto part and the great food part. NOLA cuisine is not what it used to be. You have to work to find good food and too many out of town "chefs" with their fusion BS.
Old 11-30-2016, 03:19 PM
Two Time F1 World Champ
Rossa Subscribed

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSinNOLA View Post
You are frequenting NOLA and not getting oysters with me?

Not cool!
Nah, ain't been there since!

Quote:
Ain't no stopping this snowball. Welcome to Mitch Landrieu's New Orleans.
Really too bad. I know there were abuses in the past with the police, but something has to be done.

My favorite song about New Orleans is actually about Biloxi! Jimmy Buffett sang it, but Jesse Winchester wrote it. Growing up in P-Cola I spent all summer in the water. I can still see the thunderclouds coming from New Orleans.

Down around Biloxi
Pretty girls are swimmin' in the sea
Oh they all look like sisters in the ocean
The boy will fill his pail with salted water
And the storms will blow from off towards New Orleans

The Sun shines on Biloxi
The air is filled with vapors from the sea
And the boy will dig a pool beside the ocean
He sees creatures from a dream underwater
And the sun will set from off towards New Orleans

The stars can see Biloxi
The stars can find their faces in the sea
And we are walking in the evening by the ocean
We are splashing naked in the water
And the sky is red from off towards New Orleans
Old 12-01-2016, 09:13 AM
Formula 3
Consultant

Full Name: David Castelhano
I recently saw an interview with a middle age man from New Orleans where he stated that the old school method of settling an argument was done in the parking lot with fists. Now its' done with guns.
I grew up in NYC and know about violent crime. I love New Orleans but nothing good happens after midnight. I stay away.
Old 12-01-2016, 02:10 PM
F1 Veteran
Rossa Subscribed

My Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bertocchi View Post
I recently saw an interview with a middle age man from New Orleans where he stated that the old school method of settling an argument was done in the parking lot with fists. Now its' done with guns.
I grew up in NYC and know about violent crime. I love New Orleans but nothing good happens after midnight. I stay away.
That is not unique to New Orleans. Nothing good happens after midnight in any city.
Old 12-01-2016, 02:20 PM
Two Time F1 World Champ
Not Subscribed

Quote:
That is not unique to New Orleans. Nothing good happens after midnight in any city.
Not at all but if anyone thinks it applies to any city they need to get out more. Born and raised in Oakland. Except for the airport have not been there in a long time, especially after midnight. But Austin is not like that at all nor are most cities that have not surrendered the streets the way liberals do.
Non-Sponsor Ads
Old 12-02-2016, 09:07 AM
Two Time F1 World Champ
Rossa Subscribed

The safest downtown area I know is Ft. Worth. The Bass family and others spent their own money to make it so.
Old 12-02-2016, 10:12 AM
Two Time F1 World Champ
Not Subscribed

Quote:
The safest downtown area I know is Ft. Worth. The Bass family and others spent their own money to make it so.
There are a lot of places with a crime problem but most of them are smart enough to keep a lid on the part of town that the money comes from whether that is the business district or the tourist district. I have not spent a lot of time in Louisiana but it has always reminded me of a frat house that achieved statehood. That is an attraction of its own kind but if they don't put a lid on it in the FQ they kiss their tourist money good bye. It will still attract people but not the ones with money to spend.
Old 12-02-2016, 10:30 AM
F1 World Champ
Consultant

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSinNOLA View Post
Seriously?
Yeah...seriously. I have to go back there and race in March. Clue me in on a non-ghetto place to stay near the track. I'm just a tourist and that's what the city looks like to me. Sorry.
Old 12-02-2016, 01:47 PM
F1 Veteran
Rossa Subscribed

My Garage
Quote:
Yeah...seriously. I have to go back there and race in March. Clue me in on a non-ghetto place to stay near the track. I'm just a tourist and that's what the city looks like to me. Sorry.
The track is not in New Orleans. It is in the Ghetto of Jefferson Parish.