Go Back   FerrariChat.com > Regional Areas - USA Midwest > Louisiana

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-14-2016, 09:27 PM
Rookie
Not Subscribed

Full Name: Ryan
Place in Baton Rouge for Ferrari Service

Looking for a place to perform Ferrari service in the Baton Rouge/Hammond area. I've heard VEX (Vinnie's Exotics) is a pretty good shop and won't rape you on prices. Any advice is appreciated.
Non-Sponsor Ads
Old 12-15-2016, 12:45 PM
Formula Junior
Not Subscribed

Full Name: Chip A.
Your best bet if it's not too far is Lindsey Automotive in Kenner: ..:: Lindsey Automotive ::..

Jim comes highly recommended on here!
Old 12-20-2016, 03:58 PM
F1 Veteran
Rossa Subscribed

Full Name: Nathan
My Garage
I'll put in a big recommendation for Vinnie, especialy if you are already in BR. He is VERY knowledgeable, as honest as they come, a true enthusiast himself, and most importantly just a genuinely nice, down to earth guy. He's started his business at ground zero and in just a very short period time has built a big clientele, and has recently had to move to a larger shop for I think the third time in about a year. He hasn't grown so large so quickly for no reason. Really the type of entrepreneur we all admire here on FChat. If you're on facebook you can follow him on there, he always has an interesting project or two going on and you can see the quality of his work.

All that said, you also can't go wrong with Jim Lindsey. He knows his stuff backwards and forwards as well. A few of my Hattiesburg area friends use him and have always been very happy with the quality of his work. We are honestly quite lucky to have two talented guys like these two in our area.
Old 12-22-2016, 11:29 AM
Rookie
Not Subscribed

Full Name: Ryan
Thanks guys
Old 12-22-2016, 01:02 PM
Formula 3
Not Subscribed

Full Name: David Lind
Address & tel # for Vinnie's, please?
Thanks!
Old 12-22-2016, 02:51 PM
Karting
Not Subscribed

11929 Cloverland Ct, Baton Rouge, Louisiana 70809
225-248-6882
www.vinnies-exotics.com
Old 12-22-2016, 03:24 PM
Formula 3
Not Subscribed

Full Name: David Lind
Thanks!
Old 05-22-2017, 06:47 PM
Karting
Silver Subscribed

Full Name: Steven
Jumping in very late into the conversation but I will second what Nathan said about Vinnie's. Vinnie has been very fair, very honest, and he loves what he does.... He's the consummate professional. Many people would have shied away from my Frankenstein 308 but not Vinnie, he kept an open mind and has treated me very well every time that I've needed something. Highly recommended!
Non-Sponsor Ads
Old 06-19-2017, 10:21 AM
Rookie
Not Subscribed

Full Name: Alan Hale
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirorsi View Post
Jumping in very late into the conversation but I will second what Nathan said about Vinnie's. Vinnie has been very fair, very honest, and he loves what he does.... He's the consummate professional. Many people would have shied away from my Frankenstein 308 but not Vinnie, he kept an open mind and has treated me very well every time that I've needed something. Highly recommended!
Was that yours with the 327? If so, nice work, saw it a few months back. Vinnie is great. Knows I like to work on my own stuff and leaves me just enough rope not to hang myself. I never hesitate to bring it to him though. Always seem to leave with money left over. I'll be trying out Mr. Lindsey here shortly as well, since he has an SD2.
Old 06-20-2017, 11:07 AM
Formula 3
Consultant

Full Name: David Castelhano
While not in Baton Rouge Highland Motorcars has been quietly building a clientele in Houma. They specialize in exotics built before all the OBDs and especially carbureted cars.
They have both a Facebook and Instagram page with some interesting photos of cars the staff have worked on over the past forty years. It's worth a look.
Old 06-21-2017, 07:35 PM
Karting
Silver Subscribed

Full Name: Steven
Yeah Alan, that's my 308. It's getting an F355 engine and gearbox as I couldn't take the GM or the ZF trans. It's nice to know there are good shops popping up in southern Louisiana. As long as I'm in Baton Rouge, Vinnie's VEX is where my car will go to get serviced.
Steven
Old 06-22-2017, 09:20 AM
Karting
Silver Subscribed

Full Name: Aaron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirorsi View Post
Yeah Alan, that's my 308. It's getting an F355 engine and gearbox as I couldn't take the GM or the ZF trans. It's nice to know there are good shops popping up in southern Louisiana. As long as I'm in Baton Rouge, Vinnie's VEX is where my car will go to get serviced.
Steven
I saw a post on Vinnie's Facebook page for his shop about this build getting underway. That's a very cool project. The progress will be interesting to follow.