ghibli Quad exhaust | FerrariChat

ghibli Quad exhaust

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by jnk, Nov 3, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jnk

jnk Formula Junior

Nov 12, 2010
    Can anyone help with pictures of the brackets for the quad exhaust for a Ghibli ? Also does anyone have or can they take a picture of the undercarriage of a Ghibli with the quad exhaust in place so that I can see the correct location for the brackets. Any help would be appreciated.

2. thecarnut

thecarnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 22, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    The Car Nut
  3. jnk

jnk Formula Junior

Nov 12, 2010
    Thank you Ivan these will be quite helpful. Do you think that any extra muffler needs to be added as the 4.7 system has an extra resonator/muffler?

4. thecarnut

thecarnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 22, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    The Car Nut
    No extra muffler is needed nor desired as you want the raw sound it produces. Only problem is the tendency to pop out of the exhaust a bit more when going down hills.

Ivan

5. jnk

jnk Formula Junior

Nov 12, 2010
    #5 jnk, Jul 6, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I am having a difficult time figuring out how to hang the passenger rear exhaust hanger on my quad exhaust. I have attached a picture from the first thread of Ivan's car with an arrow showing my problem. Is this screwed right into the chassis or is there a piece welded on that the exhaust hanger attaches to. Please any help would be appreciated.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. jnk

jnk Formula Junior

Nov 12, 2010
    #6 jnk, Jul 6, 2015
  7. awohlmann

awohlmann Karting

Jul 6, 2008
    Austria
    Full Name:
    Alfred Wohlmann
    Is this an ANSA exhaust, an NOS steel part or a new made stainless steel reproduction (only painted in black) ?
    Does this rear section fit to the "standard" front section of the 4,7 EURO exhaust ?

Any ideas where to find this 4 pipe rear section ?
    Alfred

8. jnk

jnk Formula Junior

Nov 12, 2010
    this is a stainless steel exhaust made from the mold of my ANSA quad exhaust. I still have a NOS ANSA quad exhaust that I sent to be used as the model.

9. jnk

jnk Formula Junior

Nov 12, 2010
    Ivan if you are reading FChat today, hopefully you can answer my question about hang in the exhaust.

10. awohlmann

awohlmann Karting

Jul 6, 2008
    Austria
    Full Name:
    Alfred Wohlmann
    Thank you for the info.
    PM sent
    Alfred

11. thecarnut

thecarnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 22, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    The Car Nut
    #11 thecarnut, Jul 6, 2015
    On the right hand side it is held by one of the standard exhaust hangers used by Maserati. The upper portion of the hanger is held by a bolt that extends into the spare tire area. Hopefully these photos give you an idea as to where the bolt goes. On my car the bolt does not interfere in any way with the spare tire.

Ivan

12. jnk

jnk Formula Junior

Nov 12, 2010
    Ivan
    Thank you very much for taking the time to take pictures and post. It has solved my problem!!