Go Back   FerrariChat.com > Other Cars > Maserati

Reply
 
Share/Bookmark LinkBack Thread Tools
  #221  
Old 02-24-2013, 10:51 AM
William Abraham's Avatar
Formula Junior
Silver Subscribed
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: London, UK
Full Name: William Abraham
Posts: 754
Hmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. K. View Post
The "Ebay Indy" sold for $19.700.
Has someone been had. Seems a lot of money for rusty parts.....
Reply With Quote
Non-Sponsor Ads
  #222  
Old 02-24-2013, 11:03 AM
staatsof's Avatar
Two Time F1 World Champ
Silver Subscribed
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Hidden in NJ
Full Name: Bob off-the-grid S
Posts: 21,086
Quote:
Originally Posted by wbaeumer View Post
Glad to see that there's been no airbag deployment, whew!

So what "looks like" a nice driver 3.7 isn't drawing at $70K?
Reply With Quote
  #223  
Old 02-24-2013, 11:05 AM
staatsof's Avatar
Two Time F1 World Champ
Silver Subscribed
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Hidden in NJ
Full Name: Bob off-the-grid S
Posts: 21,086
Quote:
Originally Posted by William Abraham View Post
Has someone been had. Seems a lot of money for rusty parts.....
No question about that. I would think that if it was registered in NY state then the title would be tagged as flooded?
Reply With Quote
  #224  
Old 02-24-2013, 05:29 PM
MK1044's Avatar
F1 Veteran
Silver Subscribed
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Witness Protection
Full Name: Carmine
Posts: 5,035
Quote:
Originally Posted by staatsof View Post
Glad to see that there's been no airbag deployment, whew!

So what "looks like" a nice driver 3.7 isn't drawing at $70K?
Also note: "All languages ​​in the machine working properly", which is a very good feature.
Reply With Quote
Non-Sponsor Ads
  #225  
Old 02-24-2013, 05:35 PM
MK1044's Avatar
F1 Veteran
Silver Subscribed
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Witness Protection
Full Name: Carmine
Posts: 5,035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. K. View Post
The "Ebay Indy" sold for $19.700.
Quote:
Originally Posted by William Abraham View Post
Has someone been had. Seems a lot of money for rusty parts.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by staatsof View Post
No question about that. I would think that if it was registered in NY state then the title would be tagged as flooded?
If that is the car that our F-Chat colleague thinks it is, then there is no doubt in my mind that the seller perpetrated a fraud and the buyer took more of a bath than the car did. This kind of thing aggravates me to no end.

I tried to ask a question about the car, but Ebay would not let me do so for some reason. I then tried to contact Ebay suggesting to them that this sale might be a problem and to protect their own reputation they should ask the seller to honestly state the condition of the car, but got no response and apparently they took no action.

I really hope the buyer realizes what happened and takes some legal action against the seller and against Ebay.

On a side note: even Gullwing Motor Cars give you every opportunity to see and understand what you're getting involved with before you buy. You can examine the car as long as you like, talk with their mechanics about it, put it up on a lift, take photos, etc..

Last edited by MK1044; 02-24-2013 at 05:41 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #226  
Old 02-24-2013, 07:18 PM
JulianMerak's Avatar
Formula Junior
Silver Subscribed
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 401
Maserati Ghibli Coupe 1968 matching numbers car Eurospec NO RESERVE Must sell | eBay
Reply With Quote
  #227  
Old 02-24-2013, 08:00 PM
MK1044's Avatar
F1 Veteran
Silver Subscribed
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Witness Protection
Full Name: Carmine
Posts: 5,035
"... comes with Campagnolo centre lock (spline) wheels".

Hard to tell but they look like the regular four lug mount.

"only 1170 produced and about 500-600 left worldwide"

Does anyone know actually how many cars still remain?
Reply With Quote
  #228  
Old 02-24-2013, 08:03 PM
thecarnut's Avatar
Formula 3
Silver Subscribed
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Atlanta
Full Name: The Car Nut
Posts: 1,442
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. K. View Post
The "Ebay Indy" sold for $19.700.
That is amazing. I sold that Indy last year for about that same price, before it took a swim in the ocean ... and before it had the bid dent on the right door, and before someone stole the gear shift knob and wheel emblems, and when the car actually started and ran!

I think some people just like project cars ....

Ivan
Reply With Quote
  #229  
Old 02-24-2013, 08:07 PM
MK1044's Avatar
F1 Veteran
Silver Subscribed
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Witness Protection
Full Name: Carmine
Posts: 5,035
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecarnut View Post
That is amazing. I sold that Indy last year for about that same price, before it took a swim in the ocean ... and before it had the bid dent on the right door, and before someone stole the gear shift knob and wheel emblems, and when the car actually started and ran!

I think some people just like project cars ....

Ivan
Or just did not know the history.
Reply With Quote
  #230  
Old 02-24-2013, 08:08 PM
staatsof's Avatar
Two Time F1 World Champ
Silver Subscribed
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Hidden in NJ
Full Name: Bob off-the-grid S
Posts: 21,086
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecarnut View Post
That is amazing. I sold that Indy last year for about that same price, before it took a swim in the ocean ... and before it had the bid dent on the right door, and before someone stole the gear shift knob and wheel emblems, and when the car actually started and ran!

I think some people just like project cars ....

Ivan
Well ... it's now well seasoned ... with salt.
Reply With Quote
  #231  
Old 02-25-2013, 08:52 AM
William Abraham's Avatar
Formula Junior
Silver Subscribed
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: London, UK
Full Name: William Abraham
Posts: 754
Can you send a private message to the buyer??

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK1044 View Post
If that is the car that our F-Chat colleague thinks it is, then there is no doubt in my mind that the seller perpetrated a fraud and the buyer took more of a bath than the car did. This kind of thing aggravates me to no end.

I tried to ask a question about the car, but Ebay would not let me do so for some reason. I then tried to contact Ebay suggesting to them that this sale might be a problem and to protect their own reputation they should ask the seller to honestly state the condition of the car, but got no response and apparently they took no action.

I really hope the buyer realizes what happened and takes some legal action against the seller and against Ebay.

On a side note: even Gullwing Motor Cars give you every opportunity to see and understand what you're getting involved with before you buy. You can examine the car as long as you like, talk with their mechanics about it, put it up on a lift, take photos, etc..

CAN ANYONE SEND A PM TO THE BUYER THROUGH EBAY OR IS THIS ALL SECRET NOW? HAVING BEEN BURNED WE NEED TO GIVE A HEADS UP
Reply With Quote
  #232  
Old 02-25-2013, 09:42 AM
MK1044's Avatar
F1 Veteran
Silver Subscribed
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Witness Protection
Full Name: Carmine
Posts: 5,035
Quote:
Originally Posted by William Abraham View Post
CAN ANYONE SEND A PM TO THE BUYER THROUGH EBAY OR IS THIS ALL SECRET NOW? HAVING BEEN BURNED WE NEED TO GIVE A HEADS UP
I do believe that we are a fraternity and that we should do what we can, (within reasonable limits), to see that some honesty and harmony is maintained in the car collector community so that our passions can be directed to our cars rather than to our lawyers (solicitors).

Probably I've got too much time on my hands, but:
. During the active auction I tried to question the seller but the Ebay system would not allow me to do so.
. I then sent an eMail to Ebay advising them that there might be some problem with the car and that to protect their own business brand they should at least look into it. To this I received no reply and can only deduce that they took no action.
. After the auction, magically, I was able to send the seller a question. I asked him specifically if he made the buyer aware that the care was a flood car. Needless to say he has not answered.
. I don't see a way to contact the buyer.
. I wrote Ebay a second, more detailed eMail. I hope that they will take some action but I don't expect them to do so. I expect that they are more interested in collecting the commission than investigating every claim of fraud or abuse.
. Very late, (and more just for the fun of it), I decided to run my own advertisement on Ebay:
Maserati : Other FLOOD DAMAGE in Maserati | eBay Motors

But I think this experience shows that the newfangled interweb stuff can be manipulated and abused very easily. Personally I prefer the genuine and respected car collector agencies such as Hemmings Motor News.

Reply With Quote
Non-Sponsor Ads
  #233  
Old 02-25-2013, 10:47 AM
staatsof's Avatar
Two Time F1 World Champ
Silver Subscribed
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Hidden in NJ
Full Name: Bob off-the-grid S
Posts: 21,086
eDISMAY has change quite a bit over the years.

IMHO it's quite the cesspool these days.

You cannot discern much of anything about who else is bidding, whether it's all just shills or what. You can try and contact the buyer if he gives feedback.

Plus it's littered with so much junk non related to your actual vehicle it's just a pain.
Reply With Quote
  #234  
Old 02-25-2013, 10:03 PM
Formula Junior
Non Subscribed
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 443
TC Chrysler by Maserati - $1800 on Craigslist

Maserati TC $1800. I ran across this on CL. I have no affiliation.

LINK: TC Chrysler by Maserati

Chrysler's TC by Maserati is a "Q" body based on a modified second generation Chrysler K platform jointly developed by Chrysler and Maserati as a grand tourer and introduced at the 1986 Los Angeles Auto Show. After 2 years of development delays, the TC became available in late-1989 and 7,300 units were manufactured in Milan, Italy by the time production ended in 1990.

With a V6 engine,
Power windows
AC
Leather Interior
Hard and Soft Top
Tags up to date
Smog test passed


The car need a little of cosmetic work but nothing mayor

If you are interested please contact me at (510) xxx-xxxx
Or email me. . .
Reply With Quote
  #235  
Old 02-26-2013, 12:06 AM
Formula Junior
Not Subscribed
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: NW Ohio
Full Name: Terry
Posts: 286
Quote:
Originally Posted by staatsof View Post
So what "looks like" a nice driver 3.7 isn't drawing at $70K?
I was surprised by this. Looked like a good car to my untrained eye, but then I don't have a good sense for Mistral market values. Anyone see any issues with it? Could be a good excuse for a trip to Napoli for someone!
Reply With Quote
  #236  
Old 03-05-2013, 01:40 PM
staatsof's Avatar
Two Time F1 World Champ
Silver Subscribed
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Hidden in NJ
Full Name: Bob off-the-grid S
Posts: 21,086
So here's an 89 with plenty of miles that looks good

Maserati : Other 4-Door Sedan in Maserati | eBay Motors

Looks well cared for. He's dreamin' on a buy it now of $10K though.

Nice to see a non ratty example.
Reply With Quote
  #237  
Old 03-05-2013, 03:24 PM
Formula Junior
Silver Subscribed
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 672
$10k?!?

You could buy a QP3 for that!

;-) (Maserati humor...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by staatsof View Post
Maserati : Other 4-Door Sedan in Maserati | eBay Motors

Looks well cared for. He's dreamin' on a buy it now of $10K though.

Nice to see a non ratty example.
Reply With Quote
  #238  
Old 03-05-2013, 04:57 PM
staatsof's Avatar
Two Time F1 World Champ
Silver Subscribed
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Hidden in NJ
Full Name: Bob off-the-grid S
Posts: 21,086
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quattroporte3 View Post
$10k?!?

You could buy a QP3 for that!

;-) (Maserati humor...)
Over here QP3's are usually a lot less and in much worse condition. And soon a QPV can be had for that! But not that funny.

Oh he won't get $10K probably not even $8K either.

It's "looks" a nice example though which is impressive with relatively high mileage.
Reply With Quote
  #239  
Old 03-06-2013, 03:14 PM
wbaeumer's Avatar
F1 Veteran
Consultant
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 7,012
WHOW..:)!!!!!!!!

Maserati : Other Biturbo E in Maserati | eBay Motors
__________________
Ciao!
Walter
www.internationalMASERATIresearch.com
Reply With Quote
  #240  
Old 03-06-2013, 03:22 PM
MK1044's Avatar
F1 Veteran
Silver Subscribed
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Witness Protection
Full Name: Carmine
Posts: 5,035
Quote:
Originally Posted by wbaeumer View Post
Other than the auto trans that one looks nice.

Unfortunately, it's on stupid Ebay and therefore the honesty and integrity of the owner and the presentation of the car are suspect at least; since Ebay apparently accomodates fraud.
Reply With Quote
Non-Sponsor Ads
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:39 AM.


FerrariChat.com has no association with Ferrari S.p.A.
vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=

ShowCase vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.