QP 1 | FerrariChat

QP 1

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by bundas, Feb 10, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bundas

bundas F1 Veteran
    Owner

Dec 31, 2005
    lexington ky usa
    Full Name:
    mitchell barnes
    sold one last fall. still have one series 1 left. it is up for sale but no one wants a car on a million parts. I figure 2 years to finish. starting chemo last Tuesday has changed my long term plans. if I want a car I have decided to look for a ready to drive one. anyone?

2. FastFreddie

FastFreddie Formula Junior

Aug 10, 2010
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Full Name:
    Fredric Gustafsson
  3. CharlieA

CharlieA Karting

Nov 4, 2013
    Norway
    Full Name:
    Jarle Adolfsen
    Sorry to hear about your illness. Luckily for you, we live in a time where the medication has gotten much better.

Pictures of your project would be fun.

4. bundas

bundas F1 Veteran
    Owner

Dec 31, 2005
    lexington ky usa
    Full Name:
    mitchell barnes
    I looked on mobile De. big dollars. I sold one to Europe last Sept. for $15,000

5. FastFreddie

FastFreddie Formula Junior

Aug 10, 2010
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Full Name:
    Fredric Gustafsson
    Before christmas there were two cars that both looked nice for around 65K Euro. Both are now gone so they seem to sell at this level.

6. William Abraham

William Abraham Formula Junior

Nov 21, 2010
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    William Abraham
    Hi Sorry to hear about the illness and will pray for a speedy recovery! Post some pics of the car or the link to the ad also. Best

7. Quattroporte3

Quattroporte3 Formula 3

Nov 13, 2010
    Chemo? Wow, sorry to hear about your illness Mitchell. I wish you a speedy and as pain-free recovery as possible.

As far as cars go, I've been watching Mexicos myself and the prices have really jumped the last few years. It wouldn't surprise me to find that the case with pretty much all models across the board. Except the QP3, of course ;-)

8. F456M

F456M F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2010
    Oslo
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Do you have any pictures of your car / parts? I have a new rear window for a QP I in my garage.. Want to sell it....

If the QP3 jumps in value, William Abraham is going to be happy!

Whish you a fast recovery.

9. alfieri107

alfieri107 Karting

Dec 4, 2011
    I wish you a fast recovery as well. And yes, please tell us more about your Quattroporte. As far as I know, it's a very early one, 107. 056?

10. bundas

bundas F1 Veteran
    Owner

Dec 31, 2005
    lexington ky usa
    Full Name:
    mitchell barnes
    when Obama got elected my business dropped 50%. no toy money. this year I finally got money so next week I will start. but now I started cancer treatment last Tuesday. so plans have changed. car is totally taken apart, in boxes

11. Quattroporte3

Quattroporte3 Formula 3

Nov 13, 2010
    William won't be the only one...

12. Jathavan

Jathavan Rookie

Mar 9, 2014
    Hi Bundas, I could be interested in your QP1. Can you please contact me by mail on [email protected] with further details on the car and pics?

Best regards
    Jathavan

13. bundas

bundas F1 Veteran
    Owner

Dec 31, 2005
    lexington ky usa
    Full Name:
    mitchell barnes
    each class received the same award. I totally misunderstood. still very happy

14. bundas

bundas F1 Veteran
    Owner

Dec 31, 2005
    lexington ky usa
    Full Name:
    mitchell barnes
    SHOCKED AT THE BIDDING $$'S. I really got a bargain on mine

15. Taurean Bull

Taurean Bull Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 10, 2010
    On my way
    Full Name:
    Chad
    You sure did!!

Did you get my PM Mitchell?

16. bundas

bundas F1 Veteran
    Owner

Dec 31, 2005
    lexington ky usa
    Full Name:
    mitchell barnes
    finally made it to a repair shop. after the Ault Park show the keys went missing. sis was mad that I bought the car. so I sent it to a locksmith. takes five keys! all made but the steering column lock. 7 hours to remove the cyl. another 7 to install. I could not get a plate until the serial number. could be seen.

17. bundas

bundas F1 Veteran
    Owner

Dec 31, 2005
    lexington ky usa
    Full Name:
    mitchell barnes
    the body shop that did a quote $12,000 backed out. now I am looking at double. now what to do. scrap or part out. a very disturbing end

18. bundas

bundas F1 Veteran
    Owner

Dec 31, 2005
    lexington ky usa
    Full Name:
    mitchell barnes
    I got an estimate today to put the #56 car in primer. $50,000. no way. it make me sick to think I y have to scrap this all matching numbers car. I will keep everything but the body. anyone have a thought. pease

19. JasonMiller

JasonMiller F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 16, 2004
    Co Springs/ Texas
    Full Name:
    Jason Miller
    Mitchell, have you thought of sending it away? I have a guy here in Colorado springs doing a complete bare metal respray and repairing all rust by re fabricating using metal for around your original bid.

I would be happy to put you in touch and hes close to me so would be glad to keep and eye on it and update you with pics etc. He has done paint and body work on two of my cars.

By the way, is this the car that was in the field with the indy's in pieces?

20. bundas

bundas F1 Veteran
    Owner

Dec 31, 2005
    lexington ky usa
    Full Name:
    mitchell barnes
    dark blue. did he work on a car of yours?

21. Mexico074

Mexico074 Formula 3

Aug 14, 2008
    Harriman, TN USA
    Full Name:
    Michael Demyanovich
    #21 Mexico074, Jul 25, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hello All...

I am attaching some pictures of the fuel tanks and fuel feeding system from my QPI.. I have
    these pictures also posted on my Ghibli restoration thread, as I may use some of these
    parts on my Ghibli. You can read about that there!

I spent a couple of hours this morning removing all this stuff.. I was surprised how easy
    most of it came out, and in how good shape it appears to be in. I do suspect that some
    of this has been worked on in the past by a previous owner. Note, the very good condition
    of the sending units. These are Lucas units! I find that interesting as I have never seen
    any advertised for sale.

Enjoy, and ask any questions. I might even be able to answer them!

Mike
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

22. Mexico074

Mexico074 Formula 3

Aug 14, 2008
    Harriman, TN USA
    Full Name:
    Michael Demyanovich
    #22 Mexico074, Aug 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Not sure there is interest in this, but thought I would post it anyway... I have taken
    the two fuel tank filter assemblies (the ones between the tank and pump) and cleaned
    them up a bit.. Actually kind of interesting.. Had they continued doing this on the
    other GT's, it could have made cleaning the filters a bit easier..