Maserati Art Concepts | FerrariChat

Maserati Art Concepts

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by au-yt, Apr 7, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. au-yt

au-yt F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 13, 2006
    Burradoo... Actually
    Full Name:
    Graeme
    #1 au-yt, Apr 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. 71Satisfaction

71Satisfaction Formula 3

Jul 15, 2012
    New York and Norway
    Full Name:
    Art
    His portfolio certainly shows a high standard of skill and a "good eye" for composition. Some very nice work there, and a broad subject range. Is Mike looking to gauge interest in sales, original commissions, or artistic feedback in terms of subject and settings? All the above?

The layouts you post look very good and I'm sure Mike will correct the inconsistent perspectives in the final renderings, I think they look as attractive as his existing work.
    Perhaps the "Piazza Navona" scenes are a bit too rich in background detail, it distracts the eye from the car, but this is also easily modulated by artistic technique.
    The countryside scenes are good, perhaps choose more familiar Maserati's (Sebring? 3500? 450?). Personally I'm not really attracted to the image with the couple, I'd push them further to the background in a clearly "subordinate role".

Having looked through his portfolio, I'd be interested in a purchase or three already.
    Best,
    - Art

3. car-artist

car-artist Rookie

Apr 8, 2014
    G'Day Art,

Many thanks for your thoughts, I prefer your suggestions for the other models instead of the A6G. May be even a 300S.

Also I'd love to make the time to do a Fangio Maserati 250F 1957 Nurburgring Pitstop Artwork. What a race! So many great artworks already of the track scenes, but not the infamous pitstop. What do you think?

Cheers
    Mike

4. au-yt

au-yt F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 13, 2006
    Burradoo... Actually
    Full Name:
    Graeme
    Welcome aboard, I trust you will get some feed back.
    My thinking is the classic three Ghibili Bora and A6 series would be of interest.

Regards

Graeme

5. richjar

richjar Formula Junior

Oct 20, 2009
    Hi, they are good, but as you have asked, I would like to give you my opinion.
    I think there is too much going on in the backgrounds, the shadows don't look natural and one has grass under the car that is on the road. And the one that has the car in motion, the wheels are not moving-ie you can see the spokes in the wheels.
    Oh, The thread title has Maserati spelt incorrectly.
    Hope you take my opinion as it is meant, ie just my thoughts as you have asked. I have checked out the website as well.
    Regards,
    Richard