C&D on new ghibli | FerrariChat

C&D on new ghibli

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by 95spiderman, Apr 8, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    i have to agree with c and d review of the new ghibli. it was a highly optioned $100k awd version. i took a recent test drive of similar car as i will be in market for very soon.

first and foremost a maserati sedan has to be most beautiful car in its class and im not sure its even in the top half. audi s, bmw gran coupe, amg cls are all great looking cars too. they also complained that the car seemed like it was rushed to market without enough refinement. i felt the same thing.

yes it has prestige, sounds great, and is unique but im not sure i would take a chance on one compared to rivals. maybe a 2 yr lease if i lived near dealer but otherwise i would wait for the 2.0 ghibli

2. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    #2 Townshend, Aug 29, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I have to agree. I looked at one yesterday and while it's a nice car there are a few areas of the interior felt cheap to me. The turn signal in particular stuck out. Another was when closing the door I didn't get that sense of it being well built. I didn't mind the sharing of the head unit with Chrysler however. Sounded great and I wish there were a higher performance version as well beyond the SQ4. I suspect many of these flaws will be ironed out in gen 2. For now I'm passing on one.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. stardoc

stardoc Formula Junior

May 5, 2005
    The big oven
    Full Name:
    K RA
    I've posted my gripes with the Ghibli as an owner of a '14 S Q4. All said, living in an area where CLSs, Audi's and BMWs are as plentiful as Camrys no other sedan other than Bentley and Rolls gets this much attention where ever I go. The car truly needs to be fully optioned including the extended leather and sport exhaust/suspension in order to bring out its true personality. Given the opportunity I'd lease one again when compared to it's rivals. But it has a frightful first year depreciation which makes purchasing one a poor choice.