FB Group for Vintage Maseratis | FerrariChat

FB Group for Vintage Maseratis

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by OFFtrack, Apr 23, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. OFFtrack

OFFtrack Karting

Jan 4, 2013
    Berlin
    Full Name:
    Dirk R.
    Dear enthusiasts,

a friend of mine launched a Facebook group for friends and lovers of classic Maseratis:

"This group is created to connect owners & fans of vintage Maseratis.

Ask questions, tell us about your problems, help others, sell & buy spare parts, upload pictures etc.....

All vintage Maseratis are welcome:

3500 GT : Sebring : Mistral : Quattroporte : Ghibli : Mexico : Indy : Bora : Merak : Khamsin : Kyalami"

no intention to sabotage this lovely forum here but just another way to connect for those who are on facebook anyway.

Please send a request to join the group and you shall be added immediately
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/vintage.maserati/

best
    Dirk

2. OFFtrack

OFFtrack Karting

Jan 4, 2013
    Berlin
    Full Name:
    Dirk R.
    Thanks to everyone who joined us so far. Great to see so many enthusiasts sharing pictures, videos, asking questions and giving answers to solve problems. Feel free to join us and say hi. We love to see your cars.

3. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    I don't "Facebook."

4. staatsof

staatsof Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    +1

Also, when Rob Lay gets around tho seeing this thread better duck ...

5. dadams73

dadams73 Formula Junior

Feb 19, 2012
    Ocean City NJ
    Full Name:
    Dean
    me neither, but wife put a few Bora pics on that page.

6. OFFtrack

OFFtrack Karting

Jan 4, 2013
    Berlin
    Full Name:
    Dirk R.
    No intentions to steer anybody away from here (which is obviously not happening anyway) or to upset anyone.

Just a friendly invitation, thats all.

If you find this offensive, feel free to delete the thread.
    Cheers
    D

7. dadams73

dadams73 Formula Junior

Feb 19, 2012
    Ocean City NJ
    Full Name:
    Dean
    No offense here, I think your group for vintage Maserati's is pretty neat. Too many people bug me about NOT being on facebook for me to want to set up an account. So looking at wife's account from time to time works best for me.

8. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Hi all,

Instead of campaigning for a Facebook page (I have never and will never FB either, no time to say hello to all the losers at school I have not talked to for decades) we should petition to have the Maserati chat accessible without the F word: still staying here but like the Lamborghini section. After all if Lambo at 50 can have that privilege why should Maserati at 100 have the F word in front when Ferrari, relatively speaking a newcomer, is just 67 or so?

THAT would be the basis for this Maserati section becoming more than a section but a much more accessible and consolidated online forum and information exchange...but the vintage part is key.

So I humbly but strongly feel the goal should be Maseratichat.com

Best regards,

Marc

9. gt4me

gt4me F1 Veteran

Sep 10, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Lewis Mitchell
    Just requested.

10. paul robert

paul robert Karting

Dec 29, 2010
    hey marc,
    it's late evening so emotions can run high but i basically support your pov. i would not talk about a F word because it simply isn't important enough. to each his own.
    i fully support a dedicated entry for maserati. nothing against Lamborghini as you know but Maserati is just such an attitude and tradition laden marque it simply deserves its own.
    although the underdog thing is of course very appealing to some of us here.
    to me it always represented an old school manner of good habits an style, bit like bentley did in its own way, and i don't think any one will object here.
    with this in mind i find the Facebook notion rather objectionable because as someone recently and rather directly put it, it represents the public toilet wall of the WWW. and only served me up a lot of unwanted rubbish.
    all jokes aside i find it rather regrettable that some one, who on the one hand gladly takes the info and personal help offered on this site, blatantly asks people to come to another site. sorry but in my world that simply isn't done, no matter how good this whatever site might be.
    if you are an enthusiast do it the othe way around and direct people to the site that some folkshave been struggling to build up over years.
    i'm not a very active contributor because i tend to keep to myself but ido appreciate reading (most of) the stuff people put on here, and this just may want to make me feel like doing more.
    best and keep up the good stuff
    p

11. abarth69

abarth69 Karting

Aug 16, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Maseratichat.com is taken already

Cheers

Mark