Official Maserati 100 years gathering | FerrariChat

Official Maserati 100 years gathering

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by licodix, May 2, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. licodix

licodix Formula Junior

Feb 7, 2009
    Central
    Full Name:
    Barchetta Mad Max
    What does the community think about the official Maserati Event in September in Italy? I have seen first schedules for the three/four day gathering, but I am not really sure if it is worth going?
    Programm is online for examle at Enrico's page.
    Quite a lot of "factory tours" - but not so much driving or race track.
    What is your oppinion?

2. BartvanderWeiden

BartvanderWeiden Formula Junior

Nov 29, 2008
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Bart van der Weiden
    #2 BartvanderWeiden, May 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    The 100 years celebration should be around the make with a good bit of Italy promotion: Tuscany, Dolomites, lovely people (cheering at the road sides like nowhere else), good food & drinks, the Monza track, etc! It is all at the finger tips to make this a very memorable event.

Nothing of that in the program up till now: to me a missed oportunity if the agenda stays this way!
    No matter how much I like the make, I will not drive 2.400km return trip for the present proposal!

Ciao,

Bart

Rhapsody in Blue....
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. licodix

licodix Formula Junior

Feb 7, 2009
    Central
    Full Name:
    Barchetta Mad Max

4. Portenos

Portenos Formula 3

Aug 20, 2004
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Carguytour
    It is way to early to know how it will all come together.
    The schedule for now looks interesting except for that first day in Bologna and the last one in Turin, which is a little odd.

I figure sometime in Aug we will know everything. Just in time to find all the flights booked.
    So advice #1 would be to get your flight booked while they are still available.
    Janet and I are booked on Air France from Seattle direct to Paris On Aug 25th where we will decompress, see the sights from our Hotel in the Latin Quarter then take the TGV to Turin.

If they -Maserati - could at a very minimum post a projected price I am sure that will help a lot of folks with budgeting, this is not going to be cheap.

Let start a guessing game on price. My guess is 7,000 Euros for the 4 days.
    The price will include Management fees, Hotels, Breakfast Lunch and dinners as well as some swag to take home. To us yanks thats $9,669.20 + airfare ++. That makes it $15 Grand for two people or a good down payment on a New Ghibli.
    Ciao,
    FGM

5. licodix

licodix Formula Junior

Feb 7, 2009
    Central
    Full Name:
    Barchetta Mad Max
    Good comment - I wonder how they do it without our cars. Or maybe they bring 747s full of Chinese clients in QPs and new Ghiblis. What a sight on the streets, sure there will be excitement for the brand!

What are these people paid for?

6. staatsof

staatsof Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Done it twice already and for a lot less. Of course that was 20 and then almost 30 years ago.

But for others who've never done this sort of thing I encourage you to at least go and do something. Some Lamborghini fans went to the Giro event last year but they just didn't sign up for the whole enchilada.

7. Maserati Blue

Maserati Blue Formula Junior

Dec 13, 2010
    Europe
    Maserati received three proposals, each from a marketing/organizing firm. Then it was all up to Marchionne (the CEO of FIAT) to decide which one he liked best. Eventually he chose a proposal made by a well known firm, which has also done various Olympic events and a few things for Lamborghini. They are well known and reputable for their good work.

Anyway, based on the "Italian" mentality, things will be organized at the very last minute. Since the marketing firm has been given the go ahead, they'll work through the summer months to make things happen.

The expected car attendance is rather high, too many cars from all over Europe and a few from abroad. There was a discussion to make the event private and by invitation, which meant only rare/expensive cars and special clients would get invited first. I hope it doesn't come down to that.

About pricing, in previous events, it was something between 1000 and 2000 euro per person. Lets see how much it will cost this year.

8. licodix

licodix Formula Junior

Feb 7, 2009
    Central
    Full Name:
    Barchetta Mad Max
    Thank you blue.
    My contacts at Maserati told me that you have to Register via the "100 year's Website" and then they will select. BUT the event is already overbooked - even though you can not register?

If the current programm is just a "draft" (as I hope!), we all should let them know what needs to be in that program to make it a "100 aniversary"!

9. Maserati Blue

Dec 13, 2010
    Europe
    Thats right, it is not possible to register because the event hasn't been organized yet. The overbooking you spoke of, is what I mentioned above, they have invited owners with rare/special and expensive cars, including friends and family, which was pretty much enough to overbook the event. Which is why there was talk to make the event by invitation only.

It will be a logistics nightmare, too many cars (classics and new), driving between cities. I'm eager to see how they'll organize things. Based on what I've seen from the organizing firm, they seem capable enough (especially since they've managed several Olympic game events).

Hopefully everything will go well. I'm optimistic :)

10. Ursa Major

Ursa Major Karting

Feb 25, 2011
    Norway
    At least we are 15 people from the Norwegian club coming down. Some are coming by plane, I think there will be six cars driving from Norway. Only a few are thinking of attending the complete official program. That's why we have all booked a hotel in Modena for the entire period. Even when we booked our hotel two months ago, most hotels were basically fully booked already.

I am for one looking forward to the event, but even more so for the 2015 event, as I theen might be able to drive the Mstral. Does anone know were the event will take place next year? I have heard rumours of France, but I have not gotten this confirmed.

11. Maserati Blue

Dec 13, 2010
    Europe
    The French Maserati Club is definitely one of the best clubs. Very well organized and the last meeting they organized was a great success. They have a strong presence in the Maserati world.

Unfortunately, sometime last year they had an internal struggle and the club was nearly split. I don't know what is the current status, I hope they resolve their problems and manage to host the 2015 meeting, because France is a superb place for car events.

12. italiancars

italiancars F1 Rookie

Apr 18, 2004
    Hershey, PA
    A bit of Nationalistic pride would usually come in stating that the US Maserati Club is also one best also, the only problem is there really isn't a Maserati Club in North America.

13. JFB1

JFB1 Rookie

Jul 7, 2012
    A few reassuring words from Jean-Pierre Lasartigues , President of the Club Maserati France : Indeed the Club Masearti France is very active , as you mentionned . The Club did not had problems of management , nor organization . The board has been re elected , the accounts validated and the program for the 2014 rallyes defined . The Club will be participating at Le Mans Classic 2014 and the International 2015 Maserati meeting will be in France .

14. Ursa Major

Ursa Major Karting

Feb 25, 2011
    Norway
    Great! Really looking forward to taking the then freshly restored Mistral down to France from Norway. By then it must be finished. It must be!

15. Maserati Blue

Dec 13, 2010
    Europe
    Thanks for the update, I'm glad I was wrong and everything is great in the French club. I'm looking forward to the 2015 meeting in France. I'm not worried about France, I'm sure you have the experience from previous meetings to organize great things.

I'm more worried about this year's meeting...

16. Portenos

Portenos Formula 3

Aug 20, 2004
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Carguytour
    It looks like Maserati has released the prices.
    Has anyone else received the price list? Has anyone figured out where we can sign up and where to send the money?
    Ciao,
    FGM

17. Maserati Blue

Dec 13, 2010
    Europe
    The base package "ALFIERI MASERATI" is 4500 euros per person, plus lots of extra upgrades and alternative packages for non-owners.

Registrations will open at the end of the month, via their website.

They have also opened a dedicated office to help and answer questions, which will be available to the public from Wednesday, you'll be able to contact them via phone or email. All information will be made public on their site at the end of the month.

18. italiancars

italiancars F1 Rookie

Apr 18, 2004
    Hershey, PA
    The Alfieri package is for 2 at 4500.00. Figure that about 1,000 to 1,500 of that is hotel.

19. Portenos

Portenos Formula 3

Aug 20, 2004
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Carguytour
    Non owners? I am guessing what you really mean is for those NOT bringing their cars.
    Please clarify.
    So, for us not bringing our cars, we can choose from the lower menu.
    What about the race track on Fri what is the price for non owners driving their rental car?
    FGM

20. thecarnut

thecarnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 22, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    The Car Nut
    I have the spreadsheet enclosed which quite frankly is very hard to figure out.

It appears the prices will be posted online on 30 of May and people will have until the 16th of June to make their selection.

It sure would be nice to know what exactly is included with these packages, when they are (although most I can guess), how long the event lasts, etc ... you know .... the details. It really is hard to plan this trip.

Ivan

21. thecarnut

thecarnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 22, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    The Car Nut
    #21 thecarnut, May 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  22. italiancars

italiancars F1 Rookie

Apr 18, 2004
    Hershey, PA
    As best as I can figure out, it will cost most US participants about €1,150.00 ($1600.00) for 2 people. That does not include hotels, on-track activities or the gala dinner in Torino (which is not listed as being available without the Alfieri package.

23. Maserati Blue

Dec 13, 2010
    Europe
    I am hoping you are right, but the price list clearly says:

"TOTAL COST PER HEAD IN EURO ( INCL. VAT )"

So I figured that it means per person... or does per head mean per couple?

24. Portenos

Portenos Formula 3

Aug 20, 2004
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Carguytour
    It looks like you are both right.
    On the left is clearly says "Access to all activities included in the program of the gathering, - and here is the money line - "for two persons."
    But on the top to the far right is clearly says "Total cost per head in Euro"
    So as you can see the two statements are in conflict with each other.
    Time will tell.
    FGM

25. Maserati Blue

Dec 13, 2010
    Europe
    I hope I'm wrong, the cost of 4500 "per person" would be too much for many people, especially for a 3 day event.