Merak SS | FerrariChat

Merak SS

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by bundas, Jun 11, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bundas

bundas F1 Veteran
    Owner

Dec 31, 2005
    lexington ky usa
    Full Name:
    mitchell barnes
    1980(2 cars) went to two shops. one in Lexington, Ky. and one in Columbus, Ohio. when finished they had 5# at hot idle. than was 07. neither shop would do anything! $30,000 later I had two cars I would not drive. O bomb ah showed and the money stopped. today, local shop put a mechanical gauge on and got 5# at hot idle! more, I sent the car to Brett in Can. he calls today. car has 60# at hot idle! BUT, metal chunks and crud came out. oil looks as if waste oil had been used and pan was layered with crud and metal. I ask for a oil analysis. waiting. will keep all up to date

2. bundas

bundas F1 Veteran
    Owner

Dec 31, 2005
    lexington ky usa
    Full Name:
    mitchell barnes
    carb apart. last high class shop rebuild them. left gaskets out. just never ends. six ground wires on one post. just updating. oil pressure great. having the shop install a new interior. second car will be shipped to Canada next month.

3. JasonMiller

JasonMiller F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 16, 2004
    Co Springs/ Texas
    Full Name:
    Jason Miller
    #3 JasonMiller, Oct 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Mitchell, send them to me and I will rebuild them for free and have them back in a week, Ive rebuilt six of these in the last six months... I consider it therapeutic..
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. bundas

bundas F1 Veteran
    Owner

Dec 31, 2005
    lexington ky usa
    Full Name:
    mitchell barnes
    Thanks for the offer. Progress is being made on all my cars. Painfully slow. Seem as if on solved issue brings more. Still eight that are being worked on at the same time

5. bundas

bundas F1 Veteran
    Owner

Dec 31, 2005
    lexington ky usa
    Full Name:
    mitchell barnes
    Canada merak is waiting for the seat to be finished. looks as if I should get the car back by June. I was hoping for sooner but every time I call I get a new answer. interior seems to be the only issue.