Thoughts on This Victory Edition? | FerrariChat

Thoughts on This Victory Edition?

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by DodgeViper01, Jun 27, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DodgeViper01

DodgeViper01 F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2003
  2. Maserati Blue

Maserati Blue Formula Junior

Dec 13, 2010
    Europe
    I don't know anything about the history of the car, but I can tell you a few things from the photos.

It has some optional extras that cost a small fortune when new:
    - Auditorium 200 audio system (speakers + amplifier)
    - Xenon lights with auto-leveling
    - Rear parking sensors
    - Cruise control
    - Maybe it has the Skyhook suspension but I'm not sure about that.

The advert says that it has front fog lights, but I think they are wrong, this car didn't have front fog lights from the factory (its even missing the front fog light button!). Unless someone put on after-market ones.

There are some items that I don't like. For example:

- The photos by the dealer have been "photoshopped" considerably. Which has the potential to hide flaws on the car. So beware.

- Does not have the carbon package for the doors (strips) or the sills.

- Probably doesn't have the GSM phone option, I think it was only available in Europe.

- Does not have the optional extra spare wheel.

- I can't see if the car is missing its tyre pump compressor. Maybe its just not shown in the photos.

- The alcantara is was a complete flop in these cars. Over the years it gets all tangled up into knots, unless you "brush" it regularly. Even if you brush it all day, some parts will become really awful over time, like the steering wheel and the seats. Eventually people sell the cars because the cost of replacement is close to the value of the whole car.

Maybe it was a nice idea back then, to offer half-leather half-altantara interiors, maybe it looked impressive in the brochures, but in practice it doesn't look that good compared to a full-leather interior. The idea to put such a sensitive material in places that get regular use (steering wheel and seats) was really bad.

In my opinion, the weakest point in this car, is the interior. Which has the potential to ruin the whole car over time.

3. DodgeViper01

DodgeViper01 F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2003
    Thank you for your honest opinion Maserati Blue. I like the idea of the car but your exact concern about the Altantara was mine as well. I am on the search for a new daily driver and I just have a feeling this would get destroyed. I REALLY love the sport seats and that is why I am looking at this Victory Edition but I just can't see spending $15K more for seats! I have a low mileage coupe that is getting a PPI next week that is a lot cheaper and only has 10K miles. Plus it is a LE so has all the major options. Too many decisions!

4. Maserati Blue

Maserati Blue Formula Junior

Dec 13, 2010
    Europe
    Its a shame because it is a really nice car. The blue carbon fibre of the MCV really makes it unique. Unfortunately, very few got ordered with the proper "full leather" option.

A limited edition (LE) GS is also nice, the seats might be a bit different but the rest is just the same car.

5. DodgeViper01

DodgeViper01 F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2003
    Agreed, for some reason just love those sport seats; but not spending an insane amount for them. Time will tell, lets see if this new one passes the PPI.

6. SoIllFerrari

SoIllFerrari Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 16, 2005
    IL
    Full Name:
    CD
    I have one and I absolutely love it. This is the second one that I have had. The seats are absolutely awesome. I have seen this car for sale periodically but it always sells before I can get a lock on it. Even a regular GS is a great car, as long as you do your due diligence you really cannot go wrong.

My first one was a daily driver for 4 years, and I would buy it back in a heartbeat ( Current owner I know you are reading this ;-) )

7. trustno1

trustno1 Formula Junior

Aug 4, 2011
    nth boring
    Full Name:
    IN COGNITO
    Also own one and disagree re comments posted about Alcantara upkeep.
    Commonly used for weight reduction esp on trak cars and made a significant weight saving on these cars compared to the full leather option on reg. GS

One seat issue is no height adjustment. Apart from desirability these seats also are weight savers

8. Got2run

Got2run Rookie

Oct 28, 2013
    I own one with the same exact color combination, 4100 miles. Interior is like new so time itself does not degrade it.

I have seen an MC Victory with +100K miles sold a few months ago and pictures showed the interior still in good condition.

One drawback is that if you apply Lexol to the leather portions of the seat you need to be very careful not to hit the alcantara.