Mexico technical manuals wanted | FerrariChat

Mexico technical manuals wanted

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by lbird, Jul 17, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. lbird

lbird Formula Junior

Aug 24, 2012
    Germany
    Hello fellow trident owners,

since i am in the process of restoring a Mexico i am searching for some technical information about the car. I am looking for parts or workshop manuals/books.
    I extensively used the search function on this site and crawled through all the other well known Maserati pages to no avail.

My car is equipped with some nice technical goodies like power steering and i would like to rebuild the air con as well (4.7 engine and gearbox are a given).
    The wiring loom of the engine bay and in the back is missing (dashboard is completely wired), so i would need some kind of wiring diagram too.

Can anybody point me to useful technical literature which covers some or even all of this bases?

Any help is appreciated big time. A friend living not far away has a complete original Mexico i can use as reference material, but he won't be amused when i would try to pick apart his wiring loom :)

CU lbird

2. Merak1974

Merak1974 Formula 3

Aug 31, 2009
    Oslo, Norway
    Full Name:
    Gabriel R.G. Benito
    Ivan (The Car Nut) has an excellent selection of manuals, brochures etc. for classic Maseratis, including the Mexico. Check his site: The Car Nut - Maserati Manuals and Brochures

3. lbird

lbird Formula Junior

Aug 24, 2012
    Germany
    Oh, that is a great link i missed somehow. Thank you, found a mexico manual as a starting point there.....
    The main thing missing now is a parts manual....

CU lbird

4. Mexico074

Mexico074 Formula 3

Aug 14, 2008
    Harriman, TN USA
    Full Name:
    Michael Demyanovich
    Hello Ibird...

The parts manual for the Mexico is usually a supplement to the QPI parts manual... Check
    the MIE (maseratinet.com) website.. You should find both there, plus an operating manual that will probably include a wiring diagram.. The wiring diagram may not be
    exactly what you have on your car however... These are the manuals I obtained for my
    Mexico (112-074)...

Mike

5. lbird

lbird Formula Junior

Aug 24, 2012
    Germany
    Thank you Mike, will order the manual from them. The Mexico manual on Ivans site contained indeed a wiring diagram.
    Now i need a supplier for the front and aft wiring looms. But i am afraid that nobody offers them ready made and manual manufactoring is the order of the day....

CU lbird

6. Mexico074

Mexico074 Formula 3

Aug 14, 2008
    Harriman, TN USA
    Full Name:
    Michael Demyanovich
    Hello lbird...

I saw someone who was offering pre-made complete wiring harnesses.. Can't be sure
    if one for the Mexico was offered, but might be good to find out... Check with Maseratisource.com..

On the manuals from MIE.. The parts manual for the Mexico may include the associated QPI manual as well.. Read the description carefully to determine.. The other one they offer is the same as that on Ivan's site..

I will also check to see if I have some different info on the Mexico, that may not be readily available.. Just give me some time!

Mike

7. Merak1974

Merak1974 Formula 3

Aug 31, 2009
    Oslo, Norway
    Full Name:
    Gabriel R.G. Benito
    As indicated by Mexico074, Maseratisource.com does offer a wiring loom that supposedly fits the Mexico: Maserati Ghibli Khamsin Mexico Wiring Harness | eBay

8. lbird

lbird Formula Junior

Aug 24, 2012
    Germany
    If i understand the ebay item corrrectly, they offer to rebuild your wiring loom based on the original one you have to send in. More or less everybody can do that, but my problem is the missing original loom.....

CU lbird

9. Merak1974

Merak1974 Formula 3

Aug 31, 2009
    Oslo, Norway
    Full Name:
    Gabriel R.G. Benito
    Why not contact Maseratisource.com; perhaps they have an old one that they could use as pattern?

10. Mexico074

Mexico074 Formula 3

Aug 14, 2008
    Harriman, TN USA
    Full Name:
    Michael Demyanovich
    lbird...

Have you posted any pictures of your Mexico yet? You may have and perhaps I have
    forgotten.. If not, please do so? I would love to see the project you are up against?
    Many of us have been there, or currently are there, with resto projects!!! Also, what
    year and engine size?

Mike

11. lbird

lbird Formula Junior

Aug 24, 2012
    Germany
    Hi Mike,

my Mexico is #854 in the Mexico registry. The picture shows the current state of the project, i am starting with a rust free body already stripped of all paint. The dashboard with all instruments and switches, wheel etc. is still in the car and will remain there if possible. I have the parts of #204 at my disposal too. Engine will be the 4.7 of #204, it has power steering. All the trim parts should be there (the inventory process is still in progress). Interior is complete with nice black leather, already reconditioned. I think it is not a bad starting point at all, especially the real rust free body...

Cu lbird