2015 Gran Turismo | FerrariChat

2015 Gran Turismo

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by GregD, Jul 29, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GregD

GregD Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Greg
    I went to the New Maserati backlot Dealership in Beverly Hills to check out the 2014 MC Coupe.

Friendly Salesman. They need a dedicated dealership building and I will leave it at that..

The MC interior and lines are very nice, but the overall size of the vehicle is too big for my needs.

I read online that the 2015 model is going back to the 2+2 design and may be smaller/sportier.

Has anyone heard anything similar?

Hoping they will stick the 4.7 liter existing engine in a lighter vehicle.

I'm tired of waiting but will do so if 2015 shows any promise of a change in size/design without
    compromising the engine with something cheap.

2. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    Alfieri....

3. GregD

GregD Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Maybe so..I am going to check it out at Monterey.

4. redcaruser

redcaruser Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2012
    switzerland
    Full Name:
    daniel
    Dealer told me that the Granturismo will be built even longer, the Alfieri will not replace this car. In 2015 Maserati will launch a brand new SUV, and then they will launch the Alfieri, a small "GT" as a direct successor of the GranSport. This car will use the Ghibli engine, therefore a 3.0 liter V6 biturbo. The "old" 4.7 liter NA V8 will end with the Granturismo. So, if you wanna have this engine, buy a Granturismo. If you wanna have a "smaller Maserati GT", wait for the Alfieri. But it seems you will not get both.

5. Maserati Blue

Maserati Blue Formula Junior

Dec 13, 2010
    Europe
    As redcaruser said above, the GranTurismo will continue as-is, with small upgrades and minor cosmetic changes. The Alfieri is a replacement (or come-back if you prefer) of the GranSport, which is going to use the new turbo engines (as used by Ferrari and Maserati for new models, like the California T, and the mini-QP Ghibli).

The GranCabrio range will be cancelled completely. There are plans, if the Alfieri is a great success, to create an Alfieri Spyder, but that is way after 2015.

At the moment the largest engine, the turbo 550bhp is reserved for the high end new Quattroporte, but hopefully we may see it in more models if there are enough requests.