Owners: QP V6 vs GTS V8 | FerrariChat

Owners: QP V6 vs GTS V8

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by Sunshine1, Aug 14, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Sunshine1

Sunshine1 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 22, 2011
    Miami
    Interested in knowing how many of you (Maserati owners on this forum) decided to buy the QP V6 vs the QP V8. And what made you decide to buy either one of them: few differences in performances in your opinion (for example 4.8s for 0-60 vs 4.6, may-be not justifying a big price difference between the two models), sound, too close to differentiate, etc...?

I will go test-drive the QPs, interesting to know what current owners think.

I was the owner of a Maserati Quattroporte (previous generation) and doing some personal research for my next car.

2. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    Bumping this thread. Anyone have a MY13+ QP and how has it been?

3. bergxu

bergxu Formula 3

Aug 16, 2005
    OnTheSerpentMound
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    I work on them for a living. The Q4 is only available with the V6 so that's a major factor to customers here in the snow belt so as it is, we have only sold a few V8s, but the ones we have out there have been largely troublefree and the V8 pulls like a freight train. Watch the 21" rims though, they get damaged very easily by potholes and such. I like the new QP but prefer the old M139 body quite a bit as I think it looks way better and the quality of materials is much better and more in keeping with the Ferrari spirit.

4. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    Thanks for the feedback! While AWD would be nice I'll be fine with some snow tires, then again, it hardly snowed at all in Chicago this year. Just bought a well loaded 2014 GTS which should be here next week.

5. bergxu

bergxu Formula 3

Aug 16, 2005
    OnTheSerpentMound
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    Congrats! My best bit of advice is to keep it on a battery tender if you aren't going to be driving it daily. They have a LOT of electronics and will kill a battery quickly.

6. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    #6 Townshend, Mar 1, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017