NEED: at least 2 40DCNL carbs | FerrariChat

NEED: at least 2 40DCNL carbs

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by luvcoupes, Sep 13, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. luvcoupes

luvcoupes Karting

Jan 29, 2011
    San Francisco
    Anyone have a lead on a 40DCNL carb for my 1967 4.2 Mexico? I need at least 2 carbs.
    Thanks

2. red27

red27 Formula Junior

Sep 7, 2010
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Mark Oliver
    Hi. A seller in was offering 4 amongst other parts on Enrico's site here.

Enrico's Maserati Page

I am not sure of pricing or whether they are still available but IIRC they are in Mexico.

Good luck with the search.

Mark.

3. red27

red27 Formula Junior

Sep 7, 2010
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Mark Oliver
    The link wasn't quite as I wanted. Select Parts for sale under AUTOJUMBLE on the left hand side. You need to scroll down a bit.

4. Mexico074

Mexico074 Formula 3

Aug 14, 2008
    Harriman, TN USA
    Full Name:
    Michael Demyanovich
    Hello luvcoupes...

Have you tried checking with Pierce Manifolds? It's a longshot, but you never know...

Mike

5. luvcoupes

luvcoupes Karting

Jan 29, 2011
    San Francisco
    #5 luvcoupes, Sep 18, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2014
    Thanks everyone for your replies. I'm sending my 2 carbs to Dan to see if he can shake some parts loose with his machine.
    Meanwhile, it turns out that these carbs are 38DCNL's, not 40's. If Dan is unsuccessful in his efforts I will be asking for leads on 38's, which are more common.
    Cheers

"Have you tried checking with Pierce Manifolds? It's a longshot, but you never know"...

Yes, I did speak to Mike Pierce. Very knowledgeable about Masers. He suggested that the 40DCNL's I told him that I have on my 4.2 should be 38's. That's when I had my mechanice double check and found that they were indeed 38's. He also said that they only restore carbs to like new condition and can repair even the worst example. However, he did say that it could cost up to $2k per carb. Fortuantely, I'm trying a less expensive option.

6. lbird

lbird Formula Junior

Aug 24, 2012
    Germany
    The price Mike told you seems to be common when you try to completely rebuild them. Got a similar quote recently for my 40DCNL5 Mexico 4.7 carbs. But when there is no alternative, you have to swallow that....

7. red27

red27 Formula Junior

Sep 7, 2010
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Mark Oliver
  8. luvcoupes

luvcoupes Karting

Jan 29, 2011
    San Francisco
    Thanks. We saw that a few weeks ago but hope that Dan can rebuild the four that I have.