How much is an Indy worth? | FerrariChat

How much is an Indy worth?

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by F40-R, Sep 30, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F40-R

F40-R Formula 3

Jun 22, 2014
    Hi Guys,

How much would a RHD 4.7 Indy be worth in the current market?

All your info would be much appreciated.

Cheers..!

2. David Z.

David Z. Rookie

May 29, 2011
    Hi F40

It all depends on condition as usual on the following - Originality - Mechanical Service History - Manual OR Automatic - Current Condition (Tyres - Paint - Interior - Engine - Chassis - Suspension - Gear Box - Diff - Radiator etc - etc, to give you some idea currently in Melbourne - Australia there is an original RHD 4.2 Automatic for sale sold new in Australia, I estimate it is worth around $30,000 AUS - the owner is after $40,000, asking & getting are 2 separate things here, PM me if you want further details,

Regards,

David Z - Melbourne.

3. luvcoupes

luvcoupes Karting

Jan 29, 2011
    San Francisco
    Probaly a lot less in a LHD country…where are you?
    A very, very nice LHD, incl. rebuilt motor, just sold in CA for $68K

4. OFFtrack

OFFtrack Karting

Jan 4, 2013
    Berlin
    Full Name:
    Dirk R.
    Believe here in good ol Europe Indys are slowly following the rest of the herd.
    For a good driveable one you have to at least invest 50k€
    In my opinion the Indy is still very underrated. Some people start to realise

5. F40-R

F40-R Formula 3

Jun 22, 2014
    Cheers guys...

Do you think they will start to follow the trend of all the other cars?

6. staatsof

staatsof Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    The Indy and Merak have always been the bottom rung value wise of the GT era cars here in the USA. I wouldn't expect them to catch the Ghibli. It wasn't very long ago that the best in the world was $35K. But hey, we've seen some crazy valuations in the last few years.

7. bundas

bundas F1 Veteran
    Owner

Dec 31, 2005
    lexington ky usa
    Full Name:
    mitchell barnes
    five last Dec. I just decided to change my collection. sold four for$25,000. none ran well,, two were drivable. one junker resold for 15 and another for 25 on e bay. the really late one ,I got 30 for it. was close to perfect

8. JulianMerak

JulianMerak Formula 3

The best value car would be either a perfect original car or a superb restored car. Anything else will probably cost more in the end. I saw the car David describes above and although it is not a bad car at all it will take too much to make it a rust free beautifully painted and retrimmed Indy
    Julian

9. Quattroporte3

Quattroporte3 Formula 3

Nov 13, 2010
    "How much are you willing to pay?"

Isn't that the final valuation of anything in today's market?

The price is whatever the market will bear.

I'd say right now with the 100 year anniversary that anything with the famous trident logo is overpriced. But if I owned a Ghibli or 3500GT I'd probably think it was about time they got the valuation they deserve...

10. patrikgudmundsater

BANNED

Jul 4, 2008
    Stockholm
    Full Name:
    Patrik Gudmundsäter
    #10 patrikgudmundsater, Oct 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Depedends on Condition.RHD a bit Lower.
    35-50.000 Euro
    LHD From 40-65.000 Depending on Condition
    Also 4,2 4,7 4,7America and 4900 are a bit different in Value.
    All 4,2 had Servosteering as an option.Same as Mexico.
    Picture of 2 4900 that I have sold recently.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

11. luvcoupes

luvcoupes Karting

Jan 29, 2011
    San Francisco
    Are you saying that all 4.2 Mexicos have power steering?

12. F40-R

F40-R Formula 3

Jun 22, 2014
    #12 F40-R, Nov 7, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2014
    A LHD 4.2 sold for 57K euro at the Artcurial auction this week.

13. jarnved

jarnved Karting

Nov 8, 2013
    Denmark
    Price Guide Report

Just to take an old thread up. It looks like that the Indy are more rare than ever!

And it's not because I just bought one:)

14. jfey

jfey Rookie

Dec 19, 2014
    Munich
    The Indy stood in the shadow of the Ghibli for ages. While the maintenance and running cost were the same as for the Ghibli the valuation was and is still considerably lower. So people just threw it away (happened to many Ghiblis too!) during the late 70s and early 80s.

That resulted in an "interesting" effect: The Indy has gotten quite rare, good one are hard to find. But the Indy is a very nice drive and perfect for tall drivers like me (i am 6'7").

Besides that the Indy is a very good driver (better than the Ghibli at higher speeds many say - it does not get this light) with the same exhaust noise (i never use the radio, NEVER) and even after a season break of 6 months the mighty V8 just starts its work after the gas has been pumped from the back to the front.

Prices went up in 2014 quite a bit and i do not see any reason why they should not follow this trend in 2015. It is a good time to buy one or two if you can find one. As a 4 seater it will not be in the same level as the Ghibli. Well, maybe after people find out that the Indy is even more rare than the Ghibli.

15. Cmcwilliam

Cmcwilliam Rookie

May 3, 2015
    London, UK
    #15 Cmcwilliam, Nov 2, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017