Car Covers | FerrariChat

Car Covers

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by Portenos, Nov 12, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Portenos

Portenos Formula 3

Aug 20, 2004
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Carguytour
    #1 Portenos, Nov 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. Ursa Major

Ursa Major Karting

Feb 25, 2011
    Norway
    #2 Ursa Major, Nov 13, 2014
  3. staatsof

staatsof Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Frank,

I had California Car Covers make one for my Espada. It's an interior, very soft and heavy style cover. It has a good fit but I wouldn't put it outdoors where the wind could work it's magic. There's not any of that synthetic breathable crap in it either but it's not not a lightweight tight fitting cover. If you want something that's really snug and can be outdoors in good weather you might give them a call.

I still have the lightweight thin cotton covers I bought from you for my Bora and Biturbo. This is softer and heavier hence more protective than those are.

4. thecarnut

thecarnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 22, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    The Car Nut
    #4 thecarnut, Nov 13, 2014
  5. Jalpa_Mike

Jalpa_Mike F1 Rookie

Apr 2, 2004
    Sequim
    Full Name:
    Michael Wilson
    #5 Jalpa_Mike, Nov 13, 2014
    I'm with Frank. I love the "form fitting" covers!

I have one of the Quattroporte and one for the Countach.

Frank, I'm not sure who makes the one for the Lamborghini, but it stretches just like the one for the Quattroporte. :)

Both babies asleep in the garage.

Mike
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. Quattroporte3

Quattroporte3 Formula 3

Nov 13, 2010
    I bought mine from California Car Covers, they have patterns for just about every car on the planet, and a wide range of materials with different properties for a wide range of use.

Custom Fit Car Covers and More - California Car Cover - Free Shipping

E.g. if you need an outdoor cover, they have waterproof/windproof goretex-like ones with soft non scratch undercoating, for indoor only you can get a soft stretchy microfiber version.

Mine fits the QP3 perfectly, and folds up to almost nothing for easy storage in the trunk.

My 2 centavos.

7. thecarnut

thecarnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 22, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    The Car Nut
    Unfortunately on their website the oldest Maseratis they list are the Bora/Merak.

Ivan

8. Quattroporte3

Quattroporte3 Formula 3

Nov 13, 2010
    As far as I know if you have a car that they don't have a pattern for, they'll make one and add it to their database. Not 100% sure though... A quick email would clear that up pretty quickly though.

9. porkchopious

porkchopious Formula Junior

Oct 11, 2009
    Oakton, VA
    Full Name:
    David
    I have a cover for my Ghibli and Citroen SM made by the California Car Cover Company. They had patterns for both. Both of mine are indoor covers and have a very soft fleece lining that protect both cars from nicks and bumps. Very happy with the fit and quality.

10. ColdWater

ColdWater Formula Junior

Aug 19, 2006
    bicoastal USA
    The patterns that California Car Cover claims to have for older models are very hit and miss. For something relatively common like an E-type, they are accurate down to the fraction of an inch. But the cover they made for my Flaminia has about 18 inches of excess material hanging off the front of the car and looks terrible.

The worst part is that they are totally unresponsive about problems with the fit. Although I really like the all-cotton material that they offer, I'll never buy from them again.

Don

11. Portenos

Portenos Formula 3

Aug 20, 2004
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Carguytour
    This was my experience exactly with California Car Covers.
    See the photo of my 3500 in my first post of this thread.
    FGM

12. staatsof

staatsof Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Oops :eek: You might have mentioned something.

I didn't know that. My Espada is a 71 and it was dead nuts on but it WAS also an interior cover. I think Frank wants more of a condom fit.

13. Portenos

Portenos Formula 3

Aug 20, 2004
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Carguytour
    Shame on you yabbernman, :) this is a family site.
    No, I want an indoor stretch form fitting cover which seeems to not be available here in the USA.
    FGM

14. alberto

alberto Formula 3

Aug 25, 2001
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    Based on your picture, the one for your 3500 looks to me like it is a Covercraft.

I have a couple Covercraft covers that I had custom measured/made a few years ago and just bought one from Coverking (they had the pattern, but they make it upon order). The Coverking is advertised has having less seams. The one I just bought (for a series 1 E-type) has more than the three large panels/seams that they lead you to believe it will have, but it does have less panels (seams) than the Covercraft. The Covercraft material is a bit softer to the touch than the Coverking and I like the Covercraft material better because of it. However, the Coverking feels more like the factory Maserati cover than the Covercraft, so you may like the Coverking fabric just fine (they will send you samples).

Fit on both is good, although the custom measured ones from Covercraft fit better (no bulges, nice and tight to the body throughout) than the Coverking for which they had the pattern (it bunches up a little towards the rear of the car where they added panels I presume to eliminate the bunching, which are still present). When I was shopping for E-type cover, the Coverking was way cheaper than the Covercraft and faster to deliver.

If you want less seams, go with the Coverking, but just in case I would call them to ask specifically about the pattern they use and how many panels it has, I did not do that.