Maserati Purchase Opinion please..... | FerrariChat

Maserati Purchase Opinion please.....

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by gilly6993, Nov 18, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. gilly6993

gilly6993 Formula 3

Aug 20, 2009
    Longmeadow, MA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Thanks for any feedback....Here's the deal....My best friends father lives in FL and is looking to upgrade his 2002 Carrera Cab with 36K miles for a 2013 GranTur Sport....Here's the listing....

Pinellas Park 2013 Maserati GranTurismo Sport Used Convertible Dimmitt Automotive Group St. Petersburg | P2023 | ZAM45MMA9D0067310

The deal he has worked is $72,000 plus tax, title, etc with his trade ($23K on the trade)....I'm not really up on used Porsche and Maserati prices but I believe the MSRP of the GT was $151K....it seems like a pretty good deal...I also am not familiar with Dimmit but they're inventory and reviews look good....

Any suggestions or feedback is greatly appreciated....Thanks, Eric

2. Jaguar 15

Jaguar 15 Formula 3

Mar 27, 2013
    Hunt. Bch/Palm Dsrt/Virginia
    Full Name:
    Jim Crawford
    Keep the Porsche....less headaches.

3. DWR46

DWR46 Formula 3
    Honorary

Jun 19, 2012
    Everybody is entitled to an opinion. The Gran Turismo's appear to have a reputation for being pretty bulletproof. They are also less common than you might think.

4. italiancars

italiancars F1 Rookie

Apr 18, 2004
    Hershey, PA
    Speak with Rodney Padgett or Mark Tillman. Both good guys and easy to work with, they were involved with our Daytona event. The GranTurismo is a great car, much different than a 911. Maseratis are Grand Touring cars not sports cars. You can take a long trip in a GranTurismo with no problem, a 911 is more of short drive car.

5. Merak1974

Merak1974 Formula 3

Aug 31, 2009
    Oslo, Norway
    Full Name:
    Gabriel R.G. Benito
    Doesn't look like a Gran Turismo Sport Convertible to me (looks like a Gran Turismo Convertible.), but perhaps your have different models in the US.

That said, the deal seems to be very good indeed. I would have gone for it :)

6. gilly6993

gilly6993 Formula 3

Aug 20, 2009
    Longmeadow, MA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    He did the deal....

7. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    Dimmitt has a good reputation.
    Was the final ~$95K?
    Thx

8. Countachqv

Countachqv Formula 3

Apr 25, 2007
    USA/France
    95K for a GT is fair to good as long as mileage is low.
    I was following the GT for a purchase when I switched for a Vanquish. Decision was made on the investment side of my brain and an exhaust note to die for.

but the Maser GT is an awesome car. I tried an MC and a Sport. Has real 4 seats
    I dont like the convertible but i have to say you get to hear the great sound.

I am sure you understand it is a GT car not a car for the track or best 1/4 mile or fastest cornering. Still is a lot of car to enjoy.

the 13 has been sorted out from earlier models. I will have that car in my future once I expand my garage :)