Quattroporte rental - Milan Italy | FerrariChat

Quattroporte rental - Milan Italy

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by dadams73, Nov 21, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dadams73

dadams73 Formula Junior

Feb 19, 2012
    Ocean City NJ
    Full Name:
    Dean
    I have a guys trip scheduled this spring to Italy. We are flying into Milan 3/26/15 and looking to rent a quattroporte for a trip through country to Rome with a stop in Maranello. I'm not really sure where to start, so I figured I'd post here. I'll try Amex concierge, but thought this worldwide forum may be a good place to start. Any and all advice appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Dean

2. alfieri107

alfieri107 Karting

Dec 4, 2011
  3. dadams73

dadams73 Formula Junior

Feb 19, 2012
    Ocean City NJ
    Full Name:
    Dean
    Thank you for the reply, I'll check them out. To be more specific. A new quartttroporte is not a necessity and any interesting 4 door will do. One potential problem is the itinerary calls for a start in Milan then drive south to Rome. Return the car in Rome, then high speed train back north. I don't know if car rental outfits operate that way in Italy, I suspect there are rental guys like hertz etc, but was looking for a more exotic vehicle to rent.

4. italiancars

italiancars F1 Rookie

Apr 18, 2004
    Hershey, PA
    Dean,
    You may want to reconsider that idea. The drop off charge for returning to a different location is very stiff, probably as much as the rental itself. You'll also want a diesel, a Ghibli may be possible.

Also if you haven't booked your flight as of yet, there is a non-stop from PHL to Venice, much easier than flying into Malpensa. Nice small airport, closer to Bologna Modena area.

5. dadams73

dadams73 Formula Junior

Feb 19, 2012
    Ocean City NJ
    Full Name:
    Dean
    Joe,

Thanks for the great advice. This is exactly why I posted the question here. I'll post up the developments and some pics after the trip this spring.

6. bundas

bundas F1 Veteran
    Owner

Dec 31, 2005
    lexington ky usa
    Full Name:
    mitchell barnes
    I did Avis. great experience. $100 a day for everything. included Garman. dropped off at a different place twice. rented an Alfa four door. when are you going? I loaned out the Garman and may b able to get it back. it belongs to Avis. I could UPS it to you at no charge

7. dadams73

dadams73 Formula Junior

Feb 19, 2012
    Ocean City NJ
    Full Name:
    Dean
    Mitchell,

Going 3/26/14 - 4/3/14. I'll look into Avis. And take you up on the garmin deal!

8. bundas

bundas F1 Veteran
    Owner

Dec 31, 2005
    lexington ky usa
    Full Name:
    mitchell barnes
  9. dadams73

dadams73 Formula Junior

Feb 19, 2012
    Ocean City NJ
    Full Name:
    Dean
    2015 - my mistake - I do not have a time machine :I'll be in touch - thx again

10. f308jack

f308jack F1 Rookie

Jun 7, 2007
    Cape Town, South Afr
    Full Name:
    Jack Verschuur
    On your way to Maranello from Milan, you pass Parma, it'd be a real shame not to go see the Panini-collection of fantastic Maserati's.

Best,

Jack.

11. bundas

bundas F1 Veteran
    Owner

Dec 31, 2005
    lexington ky usa
    Full Name:
    mitchell barnes
    my group was eaten alive.

12. dadams73

dadams73 Formula Junior

Feb 19, 2012
    Ocean City NJ
    Full Name:
    Dean
    All good advice and working it into the itinarary, thanks!