1970 Ghibli rear trunk latch / hinge | FerrariChat

1970 Ghibli rear trunk latch / hinge

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by 4CAMV8, Nov 23, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 4CAMV8

4CAMV8 Rookie

Apr 11, 2011
    Finishing off a restoration of a 1970 Ghibli. Missing the rear latch / hinge that holds the trunk lid open. Parts manual list a part number 115 BM 65569 with a picture or an early style trunk. Not sure if this is the correct number for a 1970. Please reply if you have this part for sale.
    Regards,

2. thecarnut

thecarnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 22, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    The Car Nut
    #2 thecarnut, Nov 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    It is normally referred to as a trunk prop. The mechanism is essentially the same as used by many British cars of that era. Take a look at this one on ebay:

Good Used Original Sliding Trunk Prop MG Midget 1972 79 | eBay

The thing to do is compare the length (open and close) of an original Ghibli trunk prop and ask the various vendors selling similar looking props to measure the one they are selling. I currently do not have a Ghibli coupe so I cannot provide you with measurements.

Ivan
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. red27

red27 Formula Junior

Sep 7, 2010
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Mark Oliver
    Just taken the ruler out. Open length is 40cm between mounting hole centres, the length of each sliding half is approx 26.5cm. I recall McGrath Maserati in the UK having one on their ebay site a while ago. Maybe worth a phonecall if you can't find another one.
    Happy hunting!

Cheers. Mark.

4. 4CAMV8

4CAMV8 Rookie

Apr 11, 2011
    Thanks all for information!