Ghibli wiring harness | FerrariChat

Ghibli wiring harness

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by Falta125, Dec 13, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Falta125

Falta125 Karting

Mar 11, 2012
    Hello, Looking for some feedback regarding reproduction Ghibli wiring harnesses, if anyone out there has purchased one can you post or contact me direct. My concern is quality, fit, build time and of course price. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Dan 760-363-7448 California

2. ghibliman

ghibliman Formula Junior

Feb 19, 2009
    Dan,

My new harness is in the trunk of my car.....I'll show it to you tomorrow.

3. velocetwo

velocetwo F1 World Champ

Dec 11, 2006
    Left Coast
    Thats a common Ghibli problem

4. porkchopious

porkchopious Formula Junior

Oct 11, 2009
    Oakton, VA
    Full Name:
    David
    That's funny! Sad, but funny!

5. BartvanderWeiden

BartvanderWeiden Formula Junior

Nov 29, 2008
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Bart van der Weiden
    #5 BartvanderWeiden, Dec 15, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2014
    Reading the schematic woring harnas is a bit of a pain, I solved that by enlarging the copy from A5 size in the manual to A3 and even A2. Then I colored the lines in the apprriate color that I wanted to check.

The schematic does not necessarily comply with what is in your car. Depending on the version used by the factory, legoslation and age.

My experience though is that allmost all the problems are cause by contact corrosion of the cable ends, (screw) connectors in the trunk under the right hand side panel, fuses in te fusebox (and the screw contacts underneath), relais contacts and previous owners and their mecanics fooling around with the above and then short circuiting these with new wires....

The wiring s pretty logic and easy to track, certainly from the enlarged picture. Again I never found anything wrong with the wiring harnas itself.

Success with the repair!

6. Falta125

Falta125 Karting

Mar 11, 2012
    The problem with this harness is someone in the past decided to cut it about 2 feet away from the fuse box, yup, they cut in half, for unknown reasons, Moron's!!

7. GrifoS2

GrifoS2 Rookie

May 20, 2007
    Dan,

I have similar situation, my harness is changed for new at some time,
    they did not want to pull old one from sill, they cut it in front foot well...

Would you sell your cut one, if you buy new, I do not like to have extra connections hiding.

Regards,

Juha

8. Falta125

Falta125 Karting

Mar 11, 2012
    Hello Juha, I'll keep you in mind once i order a new harness, i have found a number of company's that reproduce Ghibli harnesses, one in England, another in Italy and at least 2 in the USA.

9. PogueMahone

PogueMahone Formula Junior

Oct 22, 2011
    MC
    Full Name:
    PMD
    Pls post links and prices pls?

10. GrifoS2

GrifoS2 Rookie

May 20, 2007
    Hello Dan,

Have you got new wiring harness, what about old one?

Regards,

Juha

11. Falta125

Falta125 Karting

Mar 11, 2012
    It's here at my customers house but i haven't seen it yet, it arrived a couple of days ago, Autosparks in england made it. Regards Dan