Gran Sport vs. Gran Turismo S. Worth another $25k? | FerrariChat

Gran Sport vs. Gran Turismo S. Worth another $25k?

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by JF308, Jan 1, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JF308

JF308 Formula 3

Jan 17, 2007
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    John Feeney
    Considering an 06 GS versus 09 Gran Turismo S (F1).... there is about a $25 to $30k difference. Worth it?

I like the looks of the GS just fine. GT is very cool as well.

Comments from those who have owned or driven both on power, sound, handling and shifting of the respective F1's... please.

Thanks.

2. Hackercraft

Hackercraft Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 22, 2005
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    JP
    Test drove the GS over a weekend and finally purchased a 2009 GTS with F1 599 transmission...go for the GTS. Great lines, a blast to drive, amazing sound and drop dead gorgeous!!! Best of luck...

3. TBigs

TBigs Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2010
    NW Ohio
    Full Name:
    Terry
    I haven't driven the F1 GTS but I have driven a California, which is similar in many ways. I was a bit afraid that when I got back into my GS that I would be disappointed. It was quite the opposite. I was very glad to be back in my GS. It is a smaller and more nimble car, very tight and responsive with great road manners. With a bit of exhaust work, it gets more torque-y and sounds fantastic. The Cali on the other hand was too large and felt very heavy and ungainly. I would imagine that living with one would be a different story, though, since you tend to figure out how to get the best out of any car over time.

On the plus side, I would agree that the GT is a gorgeous car, probably the best looking car in production today, and the sound is amazing. I heard one in Manhattan earlier this week and it sounded fantastic and unmistakably Maserati from blocks away. I wouldn't doubt that it is a blast to drive since Maserati seems to be doing an excellent job of delivering exactly that right now. I think it will come down to test driving each of them and seeing which suits your driving style better. Good luck!

4. WJGESQ

WJGESQ Formula 3

Dec 30, 2004
    Our office has a 2004 CC Coupe w the F1. Fun drive. But the F1 is not problem free.