My new white/red GT!! | FerrariChat

My new white/red GT!!

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by mobiledev22, Feb 25, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mobiledev22

mobiledev22 Karting

Feb 20, 2015
    Boston
    #1 mobiledev22, Feb 25, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. JasonMiller

JasonMiller F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 16, 2004
    Co Springs/ Texas
    Full Name:
    Jason Miller
    Beautiful car! Enjoy

3. redfred84

redfred84 Formula Junior

Dec 24, 2010
    SF Bay Area, USA
    Please keep us posted on your enjoyment of this beauty. How many miles on her?
    Have fun, RF.

4. BillyD

BillyD Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 28, 2004
    Pacific Northwest
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Gorgeous, what made you decide on the GT?

5. mobiledev22

mobiledev22 Karting

Feb 20, 2015
    Boston
    Thanks, will do! can't wait for the title to be mailed so I can get the whole registration process over with!

Had 14.5k when I picked it up and its at 14.9k now! I've been doing a bit of driving. I got a great deal on it. The previous owner was a car collector and this was one of many. It's in pristine condition! Although it doesn't feel as "tough" as my Charger. I can drive the Charger through anything and not worry about it :p.

Well it was down to 3 cars: the Vanquish, the Nissan GTR or the Maserati GT.

The Vanquish felt/looks too "round"ish for my taste. The GTR is fast but it looks nowhere near as good as a Maserati. I just love how 08-12's Maserati GT's are styled... perfection in my eyes. Also when I first saw the car online I just knew it had to be mine. White outside, red calipers, super low miles, red inside and in superb condition.

I'm really happy so far. I'm actually driving just to drive! Not much purpose...

Hopefully within a couple of years I'll be able to afford a 458! Now thats gonna be fun.. Though I have yet to sit in one...

Really looking forward to Continental's meet on March 21st :)

6. Quattroporte3

Quattroporte3 Formula 3

Nov 13, 2010
    Lovely car, really love the lines on that series GT.

Congratulations, and enjoy!

7. 71Satisfaction

71Satisfaction Formula 3

Jul 15, 2012
    New York and Norway
    Full Name:
    Art
    LOL! Oh, you have so much to look forward to in this gorgeous GT, Dev.
    Keep track of every reaction you will get and you'll fill a notebook in a week.
    Maserati ranks very high on the list of brands that the general public perceive as 'exotic' (forgot where I read that, but there you have it) so you can expect to be having some interesting encounters, I'm sure.

- People will ask to be photographed with it (and not always with you).
    - Street racers will come out of the woodwork and try tempting you. Be cool. You have much more to lose than they do.
    - You will get countless 'thumbs up's.
    - Not very many people seem to cut you off "just because in that car you must be obnoxious'.
    - Get ready for a lot of gas station conversations.
    - "What kinda car is that?" will be something you'll hear a lot.
    - Distracted drivers will become familiar, straying out of their lane - stay well clear, keep your eyes out.
    - I've had a few ladies approach me about the car, that was fun (unfortunately one was a State Trooper).. LOL.
    etc.
    etc.

Be sure to share some of your stories with us.

Cheers, and a huge Congrats on your happy purchase, your GT looks gorgeous.
    - Art

8. mobiledev22

mobiledev22 Karting

Feb 20, 2015
    Boston
    I've a couple of stories to tell and its only been about 2 days of ownership! I haven't yet figured out how to properly rev while under 10mph.. usually put it in parking and rev so I don't spin the tires.

- gf wants to show off to her friends, I said no... people pay a lot of money just to rent these cars for 1 day!... not getting free rides from me lol
    - headturner when driving through the city
    - the gas mileage while in sport mode is... not very good! but who cares about that...
    - a dumb truck was following too close.. had to speed off to lose him
    - couple of cars were driving next to me..
    - camaro tried to race
    - the windows are around 35% tint.. i need to have them darker.. i don't like people seeing in the car when im driving

9. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    Gorgeous car!
    I have a '12 GTS and love it...fantastic machine.

10. mobiledev22

mobiledev22 Karting

Feb 20, 2015
    Boston
    Other than being faster, how different does a 458 drive/handle in comparison?

11. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    Night and day.
    I used to think my GTS sounded brash and bold, and loved racing up and down the gear-shifts, sporty handling, etc.
    Then I got my 458....
    My 458 feels like an unhinged gocart on steroids. It literally screams at 9000rpm that can be heard for miles (I know because my kids have told me), shifts are electrifyingly quick, and sounds like an F1 car banging up through the gears. Suspension is very tight even in sport mode, let alone race. Shifts lanes in a flick.
    Get back in the GTS and it now feels like an old man's cruiser, gentile and sedate.
    Now I drive my GTS in auto mode and relax as I cruise along basking in her beauty.
    I love Maseratis for what they are...achingly beautiful, elegant, well made, sumptuous interiors, aural symphony, and just plain special. I also love their somewhat "underdog" nature.

12. mobiledev22

mobiledev22 Karting

Feb 20, 2015
    Boston
    Sounds like heaven driving it! One day I will own a 458... :)

13. Charles456

Charles456 Karting

Oct 8, 2012
    Georgia, USA
    Full Name:
    Charles Johnson
    Hi Mobiledev22,

OMG it's gorgeous, a real beauty. Congratulations.
    I see it has the paddle shift; I have the paddle shifters and LOVE them.
    It took some time and skill for me to become proficient.

Regarding the 458, yes entirely different car, different application, not even comparable.
    It seems to me, when you walk into a Ferrari dealership the second thing they try to determine is if you are a "mid-engine circuit customer" or a " front engine grand touring customer". I think they do this to make sure you get the correct car because there isn't much crossover.