3500 GT Spider stolen in Cologne/Germany | FerrariChat

3500 GT Spider stolen in Cologne/Germany

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by george-mountain, Mar 5, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. george-mountain

Dec 14, 2008
    Cologne - Germany
    #1 george-mountain, Mar 5, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hello Maseratisti,

my 3500 GT Vignale Spider was stolen in Cologne, Germany in the night from March 3. to 4.
    out of a underground garage.

Here the information on the car:

MASERATI 3500 GT Spider
    Number Plate: K – JD 58 H (German Registration)
    Built: 1961 – Id. Nr.: 101.1171
    internal engine Nr.: 822
    Chassis Nr.: 31
    colour: light green/silver with red leather upholstery

I am the owner of the car since 2002. I think it´s really unpossible to sell the car in the western world. Perhaps the car arrives in a state/region without rights. If anybody has an Information on the car please contact me at
    [email protected]

Many thanks

Jürgen Berg
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. stevenwk

stevenwk F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2007
    Metro Detroit
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Thank you for letting the community know about this terrible event.

Hopefully we'll have some information for you soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. thecarnut

thecarnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 22, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    The Car Nut
    That is just terrible!

A Vignale spyder must be one of the most difficult items for a thief to dispose quietly. Do they really think they are not going to get caught when they try to sell the car??

Ivan

4. Lemacc

Lemacc Formula 3
    BANNED

Mar 16, 2008
    Germany
    Hi Jürgen,
    Ich komme auch aus Deutschland (Frankfurt/M). Mein alter Porsche wurde 2006 gestohlen und glücklicherweise hat die Polizei den Wagen knapp ein Jahr später in Holland aufspüren können. Also sei dir nicht so sicher, dass der Wagen so weit weg kommt. Mein Porsche war einzigartig und sehr auffällig. Die Diebe hatten einfach die Fahrgestellnummer geändert und somit sind sie mit dem legalisierten Auto herumgefahren.
    Ich hoffe das du den Wagen wiederbekommst.

Grüße

5. Quattroporte3

Quattroporte3 Formula 3

Nov 13, 2010
    If it's an opportunist theft I would expect them to be caught rather soon, there's nowhere to sell something like that. Worse if it was a commissioned job by someone wealthy living somewhere with little/no judiciary, or where money takes care of that sort of thing. There are all sorts, unfortunately.

Regardless it's terrible to have something like that stolen, I hope they find it and return it to you soon.

6. 3500 GT

3500 GT Formula 3

Nov 2, 2008
    USA
    Full Name:
    Gentleman Racer
    Terrible news to hear Jurgen, I know how you feel.

I will inform anyone I can, websites, collectors, dealers etc to let them know.

Hopefully, you will get your car back soon!

Ciao and best!

~Trev

7. george-mountain

Dec 14, 2008
    Cologne - Germany
    #7 george-mountain, Mar 11, 2015
  8. velocetwo

velocetwo F1 World Champ

Dec 11, 2006
    Left Coast
    Still Missing?

9. george-mountain

Dec 14, 2008
    Cologne - Germany
    #9 george-mountain, Sep 8, 2015
    No information at all. The police supposes a high professional gang of easteuropean thiefs, specialized on historic cars.

The cars go on a direct way to Russia or another country of the former GUS states,in a relatively lawless country.

I don' t have any hope to see my car again.

10. velocetwo

velocetwo F1 World Champ

Dec 11, 2006
    Left Coast
    What a shame it's sitting in some barn in Siberia

11. BIRA

BIRA Formula Junior

Jun 15, 2007
    All of you, can we start a thread just for stolen cars. To be used as a reference database of what has been stolen so if/ when we see cars in adds, or via brokers or otherwise , we can easily check the reference. Also it is important to figure out what is happening, whether they have or not been recovered and where/ how because once they recover most of the owners either have given up their rights to insurance company or are so happy they are not going to post.

I had offered setting up such database to a well know broker after my Mercedes Pagoda was stolen in front of Techno Classica few years ago, you can google and you will find it and in spite of high reward offer was never recovered. It was a very rare color, DB190, anthracite grey, making it impossible to sell easily. But everyone think maintaining this database it is too much work to do,,

We had in the recent past from memory the 250GTE stolen , a 190SL from a Cologne dealer, I remember seeing a Porsche in a French magazine, and now this Vignale spyder. Putting together in a thread the database with contacts, description and pictures , chassis numbers and other details, not only for Ferrari but for all cars signaled stolen that the owner disclose himself and circumstances of theft.

My belief apart from the eventual joy rider, who stole the last Citroen 2CV manufactured and then burned it,,most of the people steal and then realized it is impossible to sell. I really doubt most of them end up locked in Siberia,,where it has no value for anyone,,may be a Lada is more useful,,,but likely in a car park 20 km form where they have been stolen, waiting they can be traded under the radar screen, or sold in spare parts, or repainted and possibly changed identities,,,but at some point they will come back on the market. I still after almost 15 years keep an eye on MB Pagoda adds just in case.

Please let me know if anyone want to put collective efforts to start that, I am not computer literate enough for that but I have a photographic memory of what I have seen signaled as stolen!

12. BIRA

BIRA Formula Junior

Jun 15, 2007

I also remember the 190 SL stolen from Arthur Bechtel dealer last year at Nurnburgring. Not far from Cologne. Incidentally same color as my stolen pagoda. So we may have a James Bond villain type storing cars near Cologne in a protected underground car park. The fact those cars have been stolen in same area is beyond co incidence. If I were you I would talk to Bechtel to know if his car has been recovered and if any progress.

From memory the 250GTE was also stolen in a trailer on way back from the Ring!
    There are collectors and thieves all over the place in Europe but many cars stolen in same area is not just a co incidence.