Searching Ghibli parts. | FerrariChat

Searching Ghibli parts.

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by red27, Mar 19, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. red27

red27 Formula Junior

Sep 7, 2010
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Mark Oliver
    #1 red27, Mar 19, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hello all. I wonder if anyone has any leads on the following 2 Ghibli parts?

firstly the boss connecting the oil filter canister to the engine block, this is part 52 on table 5 of the parts manual.

secondly, a steering idler arm for power steering setup LHD. This is part 66 on table 22.

I have tried the usual international sources and found the first at huge expense, but no sign of the second.

any help much appreciated.

Regards.

Mark.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. red27

red27 Formula Junior

Sep 7, 2010
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Mark Oliver
    It has just been sagely pointed out to me that as I was intending to do a spin-on filter conversion, I may not need the Ghibli specific part. Does anyone know if a QP3 or Indy part made for a spin-on would fit ok on the Ghibli block without fouling anything?

Thanks.

Mark.

3. Mexico074

Mexico074 Formula 3

Aug 14, 2008
    Harriman, TN USA
    Full Name:
    Michael Demyanovich
  4. thecarnut

thecarnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 22, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    The Car Nut
    Several years ago I did this conversion on my Mistral. The NAPA adapter was designed to make it easy to add an oil cooler, so I went ahead and added a cooler to the Mistral.
    This makes oil changes much easier and eliminates the potential danger of a capillary tube inside the original oil canister breaking and mixing coolant with oil. The whole thing can be restored back to original as nothing is modified.

Ivan

5. Falta125

Falta125 Karting

Mar 11, 2012
    Is your pitman arm damaged or missing? I probably have it but they are expensive, i bought MIE's last one and it was around $600.00 if i remember correctly. I'll look thru my parts and see if i can spare one. Dan 760-363-7448PST

6. red27

red27 Formula Junior

Sep 7, 2010
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Mark Oliver
    Hi Dan, yes I am missing the idler side Pittman arm for the LHD power steering setup. I want to retro fit, and I have most OEM parts from a friend, including the steering box with its Pittman arm. However, I still only have an idler side one from my unassisted car, which is different.
    I understand they are rare, and hence expensive, but I would be very grateful if you could locate one. If you could PM me it would be much appreciated.

Regarding the spin on conversion, thanks for the link Mike. my problem is that I do not have the actual boss on which to mount the adapter plate. I will study the other V8 parts manuals to try and figure a feasible substitute.

Best regards and good weekend to all. Mark.

7. mobiledev22

mobiledev22 Karting

Feb 20, 2015
    Boston
    looks like a nightmare