'08 QP GT S or '09 QP GT S? | FerrariChat

'08 QP GT S or '09 QP GT S?

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by mondialfan, Mar 31, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mondialfan

mondialfan Karting

Jan 1, 2007
    Gainesville, FL
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Well I think I've suffered long enough (3 years) without an Italian car (89 Mondial T Coupe) and I'm ready to make the plunge again. This time I have a medical need for a QP GT S.

For those who've driven both or had experiences with the 4.2 vs 4.7 litre engines should I just pay the extra for the '09? Reliability and sound are what I'd choose over any other quality. I'm thinking $38K for an '08 and about $45K for an '09 are reasonable prices in this market, am I off-base?

2. Rosso Veloce

Rosso Veloce Karting

Feb 14, 2012
    Maryville, TN
    Full Name:
    Nathan
    Both are great cars, but you'd be surprised at how big of a difference .5L can make. There isn't any difference in reliability from what I've seen, but there is a sizeable difference in speed and sound. I remember riding in a 2010 car once, and watching a nearby pedestrian lose his mind when the driver started to downshift. I also really prefer the look of the face-lifted cars. If you can fit the price difference into your budget, I would jump for the 09.