QP 3 mine | FerrariChat

QP 3 mine

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by bundas, Apr 9, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bundas

bundas F1 Veteran
    Owner

Dec 31, 2005
    lexington ky usa
    Full Name:
    mitchell barnes
    it has been a very long battle. I am not sure how long I have had two shops working on the car. the first one, in Columbus was a financial disaster for me and the car. I have already posted about that. the $5,000 car has so far cost close to $20,000 more to finish. today I ordered water hoses. one was leaking. none had been changed since new!. the latest round of labor involved. a loose drive shaft, transmission filter/oil change. motor filter/oil. rear axle oil. flywheel wheel ring. new starter. water pump. fuel pumps and filters speedo assy. LED's for the panel lights. changing the dash buttons to ones that had symbols. freeze plug leak required the transmission removal. then an intake manifold water leak yesterday. RH high beam does not work. it will be wired to the other side until I have the spare rebuilt. so all window motors, all door lock s, all door handles in and out, a complete new HVAC system. wiper motors. all rewired, the entire car. shift kit, new Lexus wheels. motor was also done before I purchased the car. it came with a NEW set of carbs. with any luck the car will be done by Sat.

2. bundas

bundas F1 Veteran
    Owner

Dec 31, 2005
    lexington ky usa
    Full Name:
    mitchell barnes
    if possible. and yes it is possible. 20' of transmission cooling hose installed today. the radiator hoses(5) came in fro MIE. they are being installed now.

3. Quattroporte3

Quattroporte3 Formula 3

Nov 13, 2010
    Mitchell,

where do you find these places?!?

And more to the point, why do you keep using them if they're incompetent?

4. bundas

bundas F1 Veteran
    Owner

Dec 31, 2005
    lexington ky usa
    Full Name:
    mitchell barnes
    is very good. one man operation. the only helper is a brother. I am very lucky to have this available.

5. bundas

bundas F1 Veteran
    Owner

Dec 31, 2005
    lexington ky usa
    Full Name:
    mitchell barnes
    wiring problems. never ending. I will have to order a wiring diagram from MIE. now no high beams, had one, and no cooling fans

6. nickypp

nickypp Karting

Feb 24, 2015
    Columbus, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Nick Pavich
    I took my owners manual to the copier shop and had the wiring diagrams enlarged, so that each section fits on a 11"x17" sheet of paper, much easier to read. Don't know how much more the diagrams from MIE are or how much more detailed.

7. bundas

bundas F1 Veteran
    Owner

Dec 31, 2005
    lexington ky usa
    Full Name:
    mitchell barnes
    I will take a look and see what I have.