Maserati Quattroporte 3.2 V8 Evoluzione | FerrariChat

Maserati Quattroporte 3.2 V8 Evoluzione

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by richjar, Apr 23, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. richjar

richjar Formula Junior

Oct 20, 2009
    Hi Everyone,
    I have been searching this forum for threads on the Maserati Quattroporte 3.2 V8 / Evoluzione.
    Could someone point me in the direction of where a thread is, or if not we can start a new thread.

I am looking to get a 1998 / 2000 Quattroporte 3.2 V8 or V8 Evoluzione

I would like to hear from owners about living with the car with regards to running costs / maintenance and particular models to look out for?

Does anyone have any information?
    Best regards,
    Richard

2. AMLC

AMLC Formula Junior

Apr 4, 2009
    Maserati developed the Evo under Ferrari management and they changed a lot of things (600?) compared to the Otto (the non Evo V8).
    Whether the Evo is really that much better I don't know.

An original Dutch delivery Evo is shown in this video from 10-2013 with 281.000 km. According to the owner the maintenance file of this car shows costs that total an amount about equal to the price of the car when new.

Klokje Rond - Maserati Quattroporte | Auto video's - AutoWeek.nl

3. davidoloan

davidoloan Formula Junior

May 6, 2009
    Full Name:
    David
    #3 davidoloan, Apr 23, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I owned a pre Ferrari 1995 Ghibli and the only non service thing that needed replaced was the clutch.

Was a super car. All the advice is buy the Ferrari on cars, but I felt my car was very well made.

McGrath Maserati seem to be an authority these days. You could give them a ring about running costs. McGrath Maserati | Service, Restoration and Parts

Quattroporte has great lines, though they seem very unloved.

A lot of the final series cars were sold in Japan and you can find nice low miles cars there.

I bought mine in Germany. It had spent the first two years in Rome, then I got it.

9000 km 3.2 Evo manual for sale now in Germany.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. richjar

richjar Formula Junior

Oct 20, 2009
    Thanks for the comments guys.