Which one?? | FerrariChat

Which one??

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by Bludiablordstr, Apr 28, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bludiablordstr

Bludiablordstr Karting

Sep 15, 2007
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    05 Anniversary Spyder (I love 2 seat convertibles), 09 GT S with F1 transmission (I have heard it is an absolute blast), '12 GT convertible (drop dead gorgeous, even with 4 seats), '13 MC Stradale ( a coupe, but ultra gorgeous). Which one is the most fun/bang for the buck? Also got to have something I don't see at every other stop light. Opinions please

2. Bludiablordstr

Bludiablordstr Karting

Sep 15, 2007
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Oh yea, it MUST be blue. Thanks

3. Merak1974

Merak1974 Formula 3

Aug 31, 2009
    Oslo, Norway
    Full Name:
    Gabriel R.G. Benito
    Kevin, do you live in the USA? If so, can you actually get a real MC Stradale there? I don't think so....

I would go for the Gran Turismo S with the "F1" transmission.

4. mobiledev22

mobiledev22 Karting

Feb 20, 2015
    Boston
    The AMERICAN MC Stradale is just a trim version of a MC-Shift... the real MC Stradale currently can only be found in Europe

so go for the MC. i have a GTS with the FD DBW & ECU and i love it.

5. Bludiablordstr

Bludiablordstr Karting

Sep 15, 2007
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    Kevin
  6. hiltsuk

hiltsuk Karting

Dec 31, 2014
    London
    I've had a GT-S in the past and they are amazing cars and better looking IMHO than the convert GT.

For investment the anniversary Spyder will see no depreciation and should appreciate in a few years time as its the one of the rarest and probably the most desirable Coupe models. Should make for cheap motoring compared to the 2012 and 2013 GT cars which will drop 10-15% per year.

7. mobiledev22

mobiledev22 Karting

Feb 20, 2015
    Boston
    Agreed... something about 2008 to 2014 Maserati GTS' that just look amazing. Specially in person... the car is one of those that pictures don't do it justice... a pic can't capture the stance :)

Anyway!

8. GregD

GregD Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Greg
    I have heard the Granturismo MC has a different suspension set up and ECU.

If you want the one you don't see all the time...Go for the MC

9. Scott98

Scott98 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2004
    Weston, FL
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Since you asked for most fun/bang for the buck I would hands down choose the '09 GTS. The 4200 had bad reviews from most automotive journalists and the MC Stradale, while a great car, still has a lot of depreciating to do. I would also seriously consider a GranSport if you are looking for value/fun.

Scott

10. Bludiablordstr

Bludiablordstr Karting

Sep 15, 2007
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Went to Scottsdale Maserati this afternoon and looked at the 2012 GT MC Stradale (yes it says it a Stradale??) Very, no make that extremely, gorgeous, lots of carbon fibre, would definitely hold its own parked with my Diablos. 23K miles, $95K, how much more depreciating in the next couple of years? And a newbie to Masers question 4200 = '05 Anniv Spyder? Bad reviews? Thanks

11. hiltsuk

hiltsuk Karting

Dec 31, 2014
    London
    A 2012 Stradale will halve on the next 5 years. Remember the GS was a $120k car in its day and now it's a third of that. Same thing will happen to the GT and GTS. The Spyder has done it's depreciation and will level out or rise a little from here and longer term could be a collectable classic. No doubt that the stradale is the best car in terms of thrills but the depreciation will be brutal.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

12. Scott98

Scott98 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2004
    Weston, FL
    Full Name:
    Scott
  13. Bludiablordstr

Bludiablordstr Karting

Sep 15, 2007
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Clarifying for dumb newbie, is an '05 Anniv. Spyder considered a GranSport/4200 last evolution or just an 06 Spyder?

14. Scott98

Scott98 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2004
    Weston, FL
    Full Name:
    Scott
    An anniversary Spyder is not a GranSport. A GranSport is called a GranSport and nothing else.

Scott

15. Bludiablordstr

Bludiablordstr Karting

Sep 15, 2007
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    Kevin
  16. hiltsuk

hiltsuk Karting

Dec 31, 2014
    London
    Agreed. Anniv spyder is not a GS but it has many parts of the GS trim so I'd say its halfway between a 4200 and a GS