Call for help: Mexico power steering arm missing | FerrariChat

Call for help: Mexico power steering arm missing

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by lbird, May 7, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. lbird

lbird Formula Junior

Aug 24, 2012
    Germany
    #1 lbird, May 7, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hello fellow Maserati drivers,

you probably now that i am restoring a Mexico right now (see thread http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/maserati/456629-viva-mexico-bringing-854-back-life-3.html).

We are currently fitting the axles and the steering. The car has power steering. We removed the steering arms and i got a set back from blasting, but i got the wrong parts back (and the right ones are nowhere to be found). The passenger side fits (size, angles and toothing), but the drivers side is wrong. I have two similar mirrored steering arms, but i compared the drivers side with an original power steered Mexico which i have access to. The correct arm has a different (bigger) toothing and the angle from the steering box down is steeper, making the whole arm shorter in comparison.
    Can somebody help me with a correct steering arm or knows where to get it? The complete restoration is stalled right now because this part is missing, and this is driving me utterly nuts....

The picture shows what i have right now.

Thanks for any help or hint in advance, it is appreciated big time!

CU lbird
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. staatsof

staatsof Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
  3. lbird

lbird Formula Junior

Aug 24, 2012
    Germany
    Hello Bob,

i wrote to Jaques already and i am waiting for an answer, he parted out some Mexicos and would be my first guess... Thank you for the hint.

CU lbird

4. staatsof

staatsof Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Good luck with your problem. I hate sending a lot of parts out for surface prep or plating and I am paranoid of exactly what happened to you. I supply a list but hwen they swap someone else's part OMG! Somewhere there's a person, one of his customers, with a similar issue I bet, perhaps that's the way to find it?

5. bernhard

bernhard Rookie

May 19, 2008
    Hi,i have a lot of steering arms,and i have a mexico,so it shouldn´t be a Problem to find a correct one.
    You can call me at 0043/664/2208009
    regards,
    Bernhard

6. lbird

lbird Formula Junior

Aug 24, 2012
    Germany
    Hi Bernhard,

that sounds very promising, will call you today.

CU lbird

7. Falta125

Falta125 Karting

Mar 11, 2012
    I have your part but it's expensive, i think i paid $600.00. If i remember correctly it was MIE's last one. Dan 760-363-7448 California