OK, I am going to... | FerrariChat

OK, I am going to...

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by Bludiablordstr, May 25, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bludiablordstr

Bludiablordstr Karting

Sep 15, 2007
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    OK, i am going to replace my "daily driver" ('93 Nissan 300ZX convertable, GREAT CAR!) with an '05 Anniv. Spyder......anything I need to know?????? THANKS!

2. hiltsuk

hiltsuk Karting

Dec 31, 2014
    London
    Check the clutch - Anything less than 50% means budget for a $3k replacement within a 12 months. They are great cars and shouldn't depreciate if you keep miles sensible.

3. bundas

bundas F1 Veteran
    Owner

Dec 31, 2005
    lexington ky usa
    Full Name:
    mitchell barnes
    Guy here has the same car wit 135,000 miles. It needs a clutch, of course. Budget $5,000 if a dealer does it. They are all Mr. gouge. I have a 2002 salvage title car. Dealer basically refused to work on it last week. Mice got the power feed to the fuel pump😞. So watch that. Independents I have used were really not knowledgable enough to fix my cars. But charged me anyway😡. That is a problem you will find. It is so bad that I I bought a Ferrari SD2 computer last week. Cost half the value of the car. But I really like my cat. It only has 8,600 miles.

4. TBigs

TBigs Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2010
    NW Ohio
    Full Name:
    Terry
    Check the top, make sure to cycle it a couple of times, up and down. Make sure service/maintenance is up to date (the usual), although buying from a dealer will give you some peace of mind there. Ask the dealer to give you a clutch readout. Great car, especially for the very reasonable $$.

What made you decide on the Spyder over the GT? Good luck!