First Annual Merak Gathering - Italy 2015 | FerrariChat

First Annual Merak Gathering - Italy 2015

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by gcmerak, Jun 14, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. gcmerak

gcmerak Formula 3

Mar 17, 2008
    Engine Bay, Georgia
    Full Name:
    George C.
    Hello All,

This most interesting events also known as Il Grande Raduno Merak will take place around Lago di Como, sponsored by the Merak Registry in association with Maserati S.p.A. Looks to be an awsome time for all.

Il Grande Raduno Merak » Travel Dynamis

Just in case you missed it! :)

Ciao,
    George

2. boralogist

boralogist Formula Junior

Jun 21, 2005
    What a brilliant idea; in one of the most beautiful settings on Earth (try the incredible roads around Lake Garda next year!)

Congrats to the Merak people, again.

Enjoy.

P.S. Will guest Boras be tolerated?

3. gcmerak

gcmerak Formula 3

Mar 17, 2008
    Engine Bay, Georgia
    Full Name:
    George C.
    I can not give you a definitive answer as I am not the chief-charge. However, given the close family/genetic tie-in, allowance may be a strong possibility.

If a USA contingent is in the works, then there may be more leverage - supposition on my part.

Best to do a direct contact to the link provided and your inquiries will be answered.

Ciao,
    George

4. gcmerak

gcmerak Formula 3

Mar 17, 2008
    Engine Bay, Georgia
    Full Name:
    George C.
    The Chief-in-Charge says that Boras are welcome! :)

Ciao,
    George

5. mamamia

mamamia Karting

Dec 14, 2010
    England
    Full Name:
    Henry Jameson
    Totally agree with Lago di Garda, although the "Gardesana Occidentale" is not as nice as it once was as, in the interstes of safety due to rockfalls, they have now built many gallerie (tunnels) on the section from Gargnano to Riva.

It could include the section around Salo which once formed part of the "Circuito del Garda".

6. boralogist

Jun 21, 2005
    Totally agreed, again!
    Drove it a month or so ago.
    Those strange primitive tunnels, however, have a weird ambiance (?) of their own.
    Almost scary at speed with with some having no lines separating the lanes...

Great roads, great scenery, great memories...

Regards.

7. boralogist

Jun 21, 2005
    Meant to say: No lines separating oncoming traffic!

Regards.

8. Countachqv

Countachqv Formula 3

Apr 25, 2007
    USA/France
    I have frequently driven in Italy and frankly, no line or line wont make a difference. At least with no lines one knows what to expect... :)

9. mamamia

mamamia Karting

Dec 14, 2010
    England
    Full Name:
    Henry Jameson
    In the early days of the Fifties, the older tunnels were so narrow that cars would all have to reverse to let the trucks and buses through. Great fun was had by all !!!

It is also sad to see the loss of the roadside orange and lemon sellers with their colouful carts.

The lake was much classier in the old days, but the windsurfers have certainly spoiled the views of the lake from above Riva del Garda.

Although I don't own a Merak, I certainly hope this event takes root and is held yearly. It all depends on the support of clubs and owners, and as much publicity as possible.

10. gcmerak

gcmerak Formula 3

Mar 17, 2008
    Engine Bay, Georgia
    Full Name:
    George C.
    Thank you for the kind words!

Much effort, time, and expense has been put into this event. The logistics have been meticulously planned and yes the fun factor is expected to ensure this annual event to prosper exponentially.

That's the word on the street!

Ciao,
    George

11. staatsof

staatsof Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    This looks like a real nice event and that location is hard to beat, especially if you've entered Italy via the Brenner pass and perhaps taken a detour through Cortina for another day or two ...

It's such a compact area when compared with considering something like this in the USA.

I did a vintage rally two years ago in Montana & Wyoming for Lamborghinis but for me just getting there was huge thing so we flew in and watched. It was kind of fun participating the Custer's last stand reenactment locally vis-a-vis Lamborghinis. But I don't think that would have helped the general ... ;)

George, you should go.

A single model vintage Maserati event would be a flop here in the USA. Even there a Bora + Merak event makes a lot of sense to me.

12. ADCraig

ADCraig Karting

Nov 22, 2010
    West Vancouver, BC
    Wow, looks like an amazing event. Lake Como is a beautiful area and a fitting location the equally beautiful Meraks to enjoy!

Hopefully the pics will be posted online for the rest of us to see.

13. JulianMerak

JulianMerak Formula 3

#13 JulianMerak, Jul 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  14. JasonMiller

JasonMiller F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 16, 2004
    Co Springs/ Texas
    Full Name:
    Jason Miller
    Wow, great pictures and great event, would love to attend!

15. Merak1974

Merak1974 Formula 3

Aug 31, 2009
    Oslo, Norway
    Full Name:
    Gabriel R.G. Benito
    Looks like it was a great event. Please be generous with photos! Wish I could have taken part...

16. mamamia

mamamia Karting

Dec 14, 2010
    England
    Full Name:
    Henry Jameson
    Hi,

As has already been said, it looks like a successful event.

How many cars took part, and althoough I'm sure those taking part considered it a success, how did the organisers feel about it, and will there be another next year ?

17. Countachqv

Countachqv Formula 3

Apr 25, 2007
    USA/France
    that looks great. why was not this done when i had mine over there?