Maserati fender cover? | FerrariChat

Maserati fender cover?

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by Quattroporte3, Jul 28, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Quattroporte3

Quattroporte3 Formula 3

Nov 13, 2010
    For those of you who work on your own cars, have you seen a fender cover with a Maserati logo?

I feel a little bit silly asking and think it might sound a bit vain, just thought it would look cool with a matching fender cover when I'm under the hood taking care of stuff.

I.e something similar to these: Fender Grippers? Cushioned Car Fender Covers - California Car Cover Company

2. staatsof

staatsof Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    I have one of the "factory" ones as issued by MIE somewhere?

But I just use blankets instead ...

3. Quattroporte3

Quattroporte3 Formula 3

Nov 13, 2010
    Blankets are great for the paint, but how do you deal with grease, oil, liquids and other goop?

4. staatsof

staatsof Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    I try not to make a huge mess to begin with and sometimes I do have to use brake clean on the blankets in spots but I wash them periodically in hot water. But you can always throw thick plastic sheet over areas if you think you need to.

Sometimes I roll out a sheet of 6 mil plastic and drive the car on it and then do undercarriage and engine compartment cleaning. That catches the junk before you mess up the ground.

I recently did that for my Jag after fixing numerous oil hose leaks that sent oil over the front of the engine which in turn picked up dirt & sand. So a beginning wash with paint thinner via siphon feed gun run by my air compressor. Blow everything off and then the same thing but with diluted simple green detergent & water. That will eat up asphalt so be careful. Finally a hot water rinse via the same gun and a lot of compressed air to remove as much water as possible. Then start and warm up the car.

That worked great and I covered any sensitive areas first.

5. clintcrick

clintcrick Rookie

Sep 2, 2022
    Alberta, Canada
    Full Name:
    Clint Crick
  6. jbenzr

jbenzr Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 8, 2004
    ohio
    Full Name:
    jerry bensinger
    i have an old Maserati fender cover i've had for may years, came with one of my 3500's or 3500 Vignale spyder, if you still want one give a call

Attached Files:

7. Ferraripilot

Ferraripilot F1 World Champ
    Owner Project Master

May 10, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    John!
    PM sent