Quattroporte Center Console Restoration | FerrariChat

Quattroporte Center Console Restoration

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by Timo04, Aug 25, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Timo04

Timo04 Karting

Jul 2, 2007
    S.F. Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Tim
    #1 Timo04, Aug 25, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. MrMark

MrMark Karting

Apr 3, 2013
    Louisiana, USA
  3. Timo04

Timo04 Karting

Jul 2, 2007
    S.F. Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Thanks Mr. Mark. I will check these guys out. I like the fact that they are "local" in California

4. Timo04

Timo04 Karting

Jul 2, 2007
    S.F. Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Tim
    #4 Timo04, Aug 27, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2015
    I spoke with Jeff the owner of Madera Concepts (Automotive Wood Restoration) yesterday. He was very nice and professional, but was not 100% sure if he could sucessfully re-finish this piece. Jeff's main concern is if this is a genuine Briarwood veneer or not.

If it is not genuine wood veneer, Jeff said there is a risk to having this piece refinished, as they can easily sand through the surface finish to the aluminum alloy frame. I was told if this happened, I would still owe them the full cost ($400.00 plus), for refinishing and of course wind up with a piece that is worse off than before they attempted to refinish it.

Can anyone confirm if these QP panels are covered in a genuine wood veneer? If not what is this surface? At any rate it is beautiful!

Thanks,

5. Timo04

Timo04 Karting

Jul 2, 2007
    S.F. Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Just as a follow up. I had Madera Concepts Automotive Wood Restoration restore the QP center console panel. The turn around time was about two weeks. The panel came out fantastic in my humble opinion. As it turns out, just like the Maserati literature states, this is indeed a genuine wood veneer (an ultra thin veneer at that). At any rate I am very happy with the final results and would recommend Madera Concepts to anyone searching for outstanding craftsmanship in automative wood work restoration. If I get the chance I will post some pics.

Hope this helps.