Ghibli, where to find wiring harness and sill trim? | FerrariChat

Ghibli, where to find wiring harness and sill trim?

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by FastFreddie, Aug 26, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FastFreddie

FastFreddie Formula Junior

Aug 10, 2010
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Full Name:
    Fredric Gustafsson
    I have an elderly friend(former president of the Swedish maseraticlub and therefore my predecessor) who is restoring a ghibli SS Spyder. One of only 25 made. He is in need of a complete wiring harness and the long sill trim, appx 180 cm long.

Anyone has an idea where to start? He already tried the usual suspects.

2. red27

red27 Formula Junior

Sep 7, 2010
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Mark Oliver
    Hi Freddie. There has been discussion previously on both of these subjects, so it might be worth having a word search in this sub forum. As I recall, the conclusion was that the sill trims are extinct, and despite several people investigating remaking them, no one has yet done it. I gather it is not a simple part due to its size and is therefore is very expensive for small run manufacture.

As regards the wiring harness, they are available for coupe LHD and RHD Ghiblis from the UK at Autosparks, who seem to have a good reputation. The link is here.

Autosparks - Home of the world leading supplier of classic car wiring looms

The major (only?) difference with the spyder is the location of the interior lights AFAIK.

I am sure others will comment.

Hope that is at least some help.

Mark.

3. fidjeland

fidjeland Karting

Aug 6, 2013
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Full Name:
    Jan Fidjeland

I also say Autosparks. I´ve bought a few harnesses from them over the years. They are excellent. Åke already has the details since some time. Jan

4. GrifoS2

GrifoS2 Rookie

May 20, 2007
    Hi Freddie,

I need some original wiring for my Ghibli SS, if your friend will sell old ones, let me know.

Juha, Finland

5. FastFreddie

FastFreddie Formula Junior

Aug 10, 2010
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Full Name:
    Fredric Gustafsson
    Hi Juha, the harness is completely missing. The owner had an accident in this car in the early 90-s. It was totalled by the insurance company, and the owner bought it. So it has been sitting dismantelled for 25 years and things disappear. Last year he decided to do a complete restoration.
    Both side windows was missing so he had new ones made up. But he had to make 10 sets, so if anyone needs a set for their ghibli spider, let me know.