Clutch Master cylinder Slave 3500GT Vig. Spy. | FerrariChat

Clutch Master cylinder Slave 3500GT Vig. Spy.

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by TridenteFury, Sep 30, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TridenteFury

TridenteFury Karting

Sep 28, 2014
    #1 TridenteFury, Sep 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Re Hello everyone,

Just replaced the rubbers in my Clutch Master cyl. Slave unit... Noticed that, since they are so new, it became quite hard for the piston to move in its cylinder with the new rubber and wondered if this resistance would prevent the clutch plates from fully engaging... Creating a sort of "riding the clutch"

When driving, I already noticed that my clutch pedal had a hard time coming up fast enough, it seemed to be hanging a little and eventually would come up. Sometimes when going thru the gears in a sportive manner, because of the clutch pedal coming up a **** too slow, the clutch plates would slip and RPM would go up... (clutch plates are not worn, have been replaced not to long ago...)

I must admit that when replacing the rubbers in both my clutch master cylinder and its slave, they were sticking in its cylinder, had to use my air compressor to blow'em out...

Has anyone experienced this problem before when replacing the rubbers in the clutch master cylinder and its slave??

Molto Grazie Again
    Best
    Carlito
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. thecarnut

thecarnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 22, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    The Car Nut
  3. TridenteFury

TridenteFury Karting

Sep 28, 2014
    Thanks Ivan,

The slave is exactly the one that Jacques sells, I'll get one... For the master, I've got the Girling one with the small reservoir included...

Best
    Carlito

4. thecarnut

thecarnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 22, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    The Car Nut
    Your master cylinder should have the bore size stamped on the side. Just get one with the same bore. Several companies sell Girling clutch master, below is one of those companies.

https://www.pegasusautoracing.com/productselection.asp?Product=3500

The new cylinders comes with a plastic cap. I also buy a new aluminum cap to maintain the vintage look.

https://www.pegasusautoracing.com/productdetails.asp?RecID=1103

Ivan

5. BJJ

BJJ Formula 3
    BANNED

Feb 25, 2014
    You might check pedal return springs for presence and function. I recall that in my Sebring (long sold) there was an additional one located nearby the slave cylinder.