Issue in sport mode | FerrariChat

Issue in sport mode

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by PATLEW, Oct 4, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PATLEW

PATLEW Formula 3

Dec 3, 2007
    Marvin /Waxhaw
    Full Name:
    Patrick Lewandowski
    Driving my 09 gran turismo s today i noticed my sport mode sound is gone. It stats sport mode and shows mc s in the readout but the exahust note is gone. It sounds the same in both sport and auto mode. Any suggestions on why the valves not opening?

2. PATLEW

PATLEW Formula 3

Dec 3, 2007
    Marvin /Waxhaw
    Full Name:
    Patrick Lewandowski
    I guess no one has had this happen? Well update drove the car yesterday and after about an hour the sport sound came back. I am not sure if the valve was stuck some how but it has returned. I will still take it to the dealer to have them look at it.

3. Charles456

Charles456 Karting

Oct 8, 2012
    Georgia, USA
    Full Name:
    Charles Johnson
    I apologize for not responding earlier; mine is stuck in the sport position.
    But I actually like it that way.
    I expect that ANY actuator connected to the exhaust will be short lived.
    I have found that nickel based anti-seize compound works great on high heat applications as a lubricant and preservative.

4. Exotic Lambo

Exotic Lambo Formula Junior

Aug 15, 2011
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Gianca

Yes, under bad weather or likely near the ocean the valves can in fact get stuck open or close.
    Any type of lubricant (WD40) can help; most valves work of vacuum that is not strong enough to move the rusted valve.
    In my world we unplug them for direct exhaust.