Maseratis at the Bonhams ZOUTE sale in Belgium | FerrariChat

Maseratis at the Bonhams ZOUTE sale in Belgium

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by lambotom, Oct 9, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. lambotom

lambotom Karting

Apr 12, 2011
    Hi all
    I just came back from Knokke - Heist in Belgium tonight where amongst others 4 Maseratis were auctioned by Bonhams in their high-level ZOUTE sale event.

I had a good look at the cars and here are the results, not including the 15% (+21%VAT on that) buyers premium. (Sellers pay 10% + the consignment fee)

Maserati Merak 2000, Euro, matching, very original and well cared for car, low miles, 70.000€

Maserati Indy, 4.9 euro, new paint and new interior, non matching, car to be totally restored (silver spray can paint over the rusted exhaust and wheel spinners, extreme horror under the hood, etc) (Car presented in the Bonhams brochure as "in generally very good condition") 70.000€

Maserati Sebring II 3.7, matching, honest car, beautiful driver, 235.000€

Maserati Bora 4.7, Euro, matching, low mileage, very beautiful car, 200.000€.

I have the impression that more than ever there are buyers around who want to jump on the train at any cost because their friend told them "you HAVE to buy a porsche 911 / Testarossa / 300SL / Countach / 308. People who will never talk about Girling, Jaeger, Magneti Marelli, Bonaldi, ZF or Carello.

With no exception all cars at the auction had new high quality paintjobs.

So who are the winners?

The buyers who were able to acquire these beauties before they went even more stratospheric?

The sellers who got rid of them before the big crash?

Certainly the auction house (143.000€ + profit on the 4 Maseratis alone...)

Tom, Belgium

2. thecarnut

thecarnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 22, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    The Car Nut
    Tom,

You are 100% correct, the auction house is the undisputed winner. The buyer and seller ... only time will say.

Ivan

3. Merak1974

Merak1974 Formula 3

Aug 31, 2009
    Oslo, Norway
    Full Name:
    Gabriel R.G. Benito
    70,000 Euros for a 2 liter Merak must surely a record - by some margin!