2002 CC spyder | FerrariChat

2002 CC spyder

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by bundas, Oct 12, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bundas

bundas F1 Veteran
    Owner

Dec 31, 2005
    lexington ky usa
    Full Name:
    mitchell barnes
    after 5-7 years it is now running. I have not driven it yet. motor damages one winter . zero degrees. left it outside all day. upper valve train did not lube. two -3 years ago I bought another car, wreck. took two and made one. (8,000 miles) but system faults kept it from starting. dealer refused to work on a salvage car. and the Columbus shop that had it was worst ever. so it set. I bought an SD3 Ferrari computer. and today the car is finally running. some bastard cut the crank sensor wire!

2. 355dreamer

355dreamer F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 3, 2006
    DC Metro
    Full Name:
    L.C.
    I'm really starting to think that you have the absolute worst luck in the world, or literally everyone you come across is trying to scam / take advantage of you.

3. bundas

bundas F1 Veteran
    Owner

Dec 31, 2005
    lexington ky usa
    Full Name:
    mitchell barnes
    It has been sitting for more than a year. There was only on x employee at that time but the area was not locked. Fixed now so that is all that really counts😊 Probably saved me speeding tickets.

4. bundas

bundas F1 Veteran
    Owner

Dec 31, 2005
    lexington ky usa
    Full Name:
    mitchell barnes
    #4 bundas, Oct 12, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I was warned by the local shop that the whole NJB MADE TRYING TO INSTALL THE REAR VIEW MIRROR might cause the window to crack. Well this is about the first time it has been driven and no sooner had I gotten in looked there it was.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. bundas

bundas F1 Veteran
    Owner

Dec 31, 2005
    lexington ky usa
    Full Name:
    mitchell barnes
    A radio and the top each light is flashing. So far it runs perfect

6. bundas

bundas F1 Veteran
    Owner

Dec 31, 2005
    lexington ky usa
    Full Name:
    mitchell barnes
    top does not work at all. and the radio needs to work. I actually have a spare.

7. Tony H

Tony H Karting

Sep 3, 2013
    You seem to have so much bad luck that there won't be any left for the rest of us. Honestly, if what you're telling us is true then just walk away. Park it in the right part of town with the keys in it.

8. bundas

bundas F1 Veteran
    Owner

Dec 31, 2005
    lexington ky usa
    Full Name:
    mitchell barnes
    car home. I drove it today with the top down and up. all works. there is a 250 ml amp drain that needs to be found(50 is the allowed standard) so I do not have to turn the battery off. but right now I very happy.

9. Bevo

Bevo Karting

Feb 2, 2005
    columbus ohio
    Full Name:
    jack babbitt
    whole (hole) (actually delamination) was there when we got it and mirror was on floor..all we did was glue it back on per your request and hope it would hold for a while which it did as that was a couple years ago

10. bundas

bundas F1 Veteran
    Owner

Dec 31, 2005
    lexington ky usa
    Full Name:
    mitchell barnes
    Installed. Car runs perfect. Top works like a new car. All done. Five years and $30,000 later I have a $15,000 car. But I love this car

11. Bevo

Bevo Karting

Feb 2, 2005
    columbus ohio
    Full Name:
    jack babbitt
    love mine too..hopefully they are worth more than 15K

12. bundas

bundas F1 Veteran
    Owner

Dec 31, 2005
    lexington ky usa
    Full Name:
    mitchell barnes
    poor car, poorer Mitchell. so I took the car to the top shop to show the rounded mechanical bolt that locks the top when the system fails. the top must have all the rivets removed they were just installed. $40 part, $400 labor. too show the problem I put the top 1/2 up. turned the car off and had the guy come out to look...... top will not move. tried everything but relieving the system pressure, that's next.

13. bundas

bundas F1 Veteran
    Owner

Dec 31, 2005
    lexington ky usa
    Full Name:
    mitchell barnes
    With the top 1/3 up for a week now. Started up and the top works perfect. Explained that. It hates me

14. Bevo

Bevo Karting

Feb 2, 2005
    columbus ohio
    Full Name:
    jack babbitt
    the sitting let the ECU's power down and reset..you got it out of parameters but should be fine now

15. bundas

bundas F1 Veteran
    Owner

Dec 31, 2005
    lexington ky usa
    Full Name:
    mitchell barnes
    and not on a rollback. made a while 12 miles. 8,860 now came with 7,800 or close. and after spending only $20,000. gag. afraid to say any more.