Quattroporte | FerrariChat

Quattroporte

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by montegoblue, Oct 27, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. montegoblue

montegoblue Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 7, 2009
    East TN
    Thinking about adding a QP as a daily driver in the near future. Interested in previous generation cars , probably 08 and newer w/ ZF automatic.
    Questions:
    1) How often is service interval (don't live close to a dealership)
    2) How stiff is the suspension on the GTS? Does the stock exhaust sound much better than in S variant?
    3) Several S on sale, however concerned re Skyhook suspension problems ?

I am leaning for the GTS variant for several reasons (performance, stance, exhaust, no Skyhook) however they are harder to find and carry a premium over the S cars. If the differences b/w S and GTS are not significant would be willing to find a nice S and enjoy it.
    If any owners out there , would appreciate your input.

2. montegoblue

montegoblue Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 7, 2009
    East TN
    Guys any help appreciated -- thanks

3. stardoc

stardoc Formula Junior

May 5, 2005
    The big oven
    Full Name:
    K RA
    Your best bet is to go on maserati life. It's much more active and you'll get the answers you're looking for.

4. QP GTS

QP GTS Rookie

Nov 16, 2015
    I just bought a 2012 3 weeks ago drove it from FL to TX no problems, unfortunately it was when that massive 200mph hurricane from Mexico had degraded and 75% of the drive was in a downpour. Have put almost 3k miles on it so far, I daily drive it to the hospital and back (50mi roundtrip). Not quite as fast off the line as my Corvette but much more comfortable and actually more fun. The vette drives like a bigger car than it is the QP is surprisingly the opposite. From what I could gather about them in my research leading up to buying this car is that if it is a duoselect car (true F1 style transmission and not an auto with "paddles") be prepared to replace the clutch every 20k mi for $7-9k. Those 05-07 are cheaper b/c of age and this $ issue and are actually a bit quicker than the later models from 08-12 that had 6sp auto. Camshaft variators are another issue that seems to be a possible high $ repair for the QP, possibly as much as 4-7k if it needs to be done. Seems like there are many theories why there is an issue but nothing definitive. One of the members on ************ questioned people that had to do the repair and those that didn't and their conclusion was that it was much more likely to be necessary if the car was mostly seeing cruising and low RPMs, no routine acceleration at >3500 rpm. Here is a link to a buyers guide from the VC who sold me his car. He also mentions a leaking steering rack as another issue. Maserati Quattroporte Buyers Guide | Secret Entourage