daily driver help needed. | FerrariChat

daily driver help needed.

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by seateddime, Nov 21, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. seateddime

seateddime Karting

Apr 9, 2008
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I have a 458 Italia so my "need for serious speed" is covered.

I want to drop about $100k for a convertible that I can also drive everyday and put my kids in the back. The Cali failed me there as the back seats were too small.

Here is my choice. I 2015 Maz GT base with under 1000 miles so basically new and a 2011 Porsche Cab Turbo S with 25K miles but a CPO with a 2 year warranty.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! I do have a 2010 E63 I have been using but its not a droptop.

THANKS!!!

2. vjd3

vjd3 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2005
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Vic
    I don't think you will be any happier with the rear seats in a 911 as they are only slightly larger than the ones in the California. The Maserati is somewhat more reasonable. The 6 Series BMW is also not bad, but boring in comparison. Bentley GT?

3. AMLC

AMLC Formula Junior

Apr 4, 2009
    Isn't this a strange question to ask on a Maserati forum?

I would be surprised if anyone recommended the Porsche.

4. seateddime

seateddime Karting

Apr 9, 2008
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I finally am going with a Maserati spyder. They are being discounted a great deal now on the 2015 cars.

I hope they dont change the body soon.

The car is painfully slow but the styling is superb. I looks just amazing and the back seats are very usable.

I one day will get a 911 Turbo S as it is a blast to drive but it is not a 458. Great for everyday superspeed. I dont think it looks like a $225k car but super fun.

Thanks all for the input.

5. seateddime

seateddime Karting

Apr 9, 2008
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Well I went with a 2015 Maserati ragtop to keep my 458 company, anyone have any good advice?

6. JBsZ06

JBsZ06 Formula Junior

Dec 6, 2003
    Congrats on your two beautiful rides.

Have fun

7. staatsof

staatsof Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Painfully slow eh?

If so drive carefully as you really have over the top speed requirements.

8. Oengus

Oengus F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

agree bentley gt

9. hellomrking1

hellomrking1 Rookie

Dec 14, 2015
    With regard to rear seat space, both vehicles are vastly superior to the Porsche 911 or Ferrari California. There are, of course, many other differences between the two vehicles that you should take into consideration - AWD vs RWD and level of interior technology available. OP I sent you a quick message. Please let me know if you are interested in my $.02 as I work very closely with all four vehicles mentioned.