Maserati Mexico Market Value | FerrariChat

Maserati Mexico Market Value

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by Azul, Jan 11, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Azul

Azul Karting

Nov 6, 2011
    Madrid
    #1 Azul, Jan 11, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hi!

I have been offered to buy a Maserati Mexico from 1967, not sure if 4.2 or 4.7. I haven´t seen the car yet, but I have spoken to someone who did, and he told me that the car is very original, with perfect interior. Looks as it hasn´t been running for a while, but the engine works with no smoke. The bodywork has some bubbles in certain areas. How much would you pay for it? There are not many out there for sale....

Cheers! Alejandro
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. lbird

lbird Formula Junior

Aug 24, 2012
    Germany
    Complete running car with a good interior? I have seen similar cars beeing offered for 100k up to 150k recently. Difficult to judge without assessing the bodywork and engine in detail. Do you want to restore it or keep it "as is"? As a restoration object it looks almost too good.....
    The current insurance values for very good Mexicos are up to 190k currently in Germany. Had an evaluation for my ongoing restoration project recently.....

3. mamamia

mamamia Karting

Dec 14, 2010
    England
    Full Name:
    Henry Jameson
    Hi,

What is the chassis number ?

One can tell immediately from that what the size of the engine is, providing it's the original engine.

Is it a matching numbers vehicle ?

Looks very nice. The Mexico is a full four-seater and very underrated, until one has the good fortune and pleasure of owning one !!!

4. Azul

Azul Karting

Nov 6, 2011
    Madrid
    Thanks for your inputs!
    I like to keep things original but I would bring it to it back to its original colour and repair the rust bubbles. I wouldn´t touch the interior, just repair the mechanics. I was told its a matching number car but they didn´t provide me the VIN number yet. Once I have it, I will ask the for the original specifications.

5. wilde

wilde Formula Junior

Jan 12, 2009
    France
    Average price in Europe is 120.000€ for a good example. Totally restored examples could be paid more. It makes senses, Maserati GT "due posti" from the golden era, Ghibli, Mistral are much more expensive...

I'll be very interested by the chassis number and pictures to add it in the register.

Charles
    Maserati Mexico Registry

BTW, I just start to restore mine...

6. Mexico074

Mexico074 Formula 3

Aug 14, 2008
    Harriman, TN USA
    Full Name:
    Michael Demyanovich
    Charles (Wilde)...

Perhaps you should start a thread with pictures, similar to what lbird is doing...
    A lot of us would be very interested!!

Mike

7. wilde

wilde Formula Junior

Jan 12, 2009
    France
    Hi Mike,
    Not enough material to start a thread and I don't want to pollute lbird's thread. On the other hand, my english is not as good as other foreign members. Maybe later when the car will more advanced... Few month ago, I built new floors... and the car is now waiting a total stripping for painting. I start to restore the original interior. I want to keep the original black leather. I definitly don't like new leather in car restoration.
    Best Regards,
    Charles

PS : I can't post pictures, my account is full !!!

8. Azul

Azul Karting

Nov 6, 2011
    Madrid
    #8 Azul, Jan 15, 2016
  9. Mexico074

Mexico074 Formula 3

Aug 14, 2008
    Harriman, TN USA
    Full Name:
    Michael Demyanovich
    #10 Mexico074, Jan 15, 2016
    Hello Azul...

Attached is a picture of 074, similar color....

You pose an interesting question, but you did not indicate what they
    are asking for the car.. Since there aren't many for sale, you may want
    to find what some recent sales were, condition of the cars that were sold,
    and correlate this to the car being offered to you. It looks like a good
    car, based on the pictures you have shown.

Sorry, not much help!

Mike

10. wilde

wilde Formula Junior

Jan 12, 2009
    France
    Very nice original condition... If the body is straight, go ahead !

11. Azul

Azul Karting

Nov 6, 2011
    Madrid
    Asking price is 100.000€ but I will try to get a discount!

12. Mexico074

Mexico074 Formula 3

Aug 14, 2008
    Harriman, TN USA
    Full Name:
    Michael Demyanovich
    Hello Azul...

That may not be such a bad price for Europe.. I was looking a bit yesterday and
    saw a few around 120.000 Euros.. But then if you factor in the work that may be
    required, a discount would be a good thing.. Keep us informed!

Mike

13. lbird

lbird Formula Junior

Aug 24, 2012
    Germany
    100K for that car (if the body is straight) seems to be not too much in my opinion. I have not seen something similar offered for less than 120-130k recently...

14. lussoman

lussoman Karting

Sep 7, 2008
    I have to pipe in here....100K is deal for that car. It is straight, has not been messed with and assuming never apart. The Mexico at Bonhams Monterey was pretty rough with lots of add- on do dads and sold for 150 or 180 USD, can't remember exactly. I own a restored one #032 , one of the first batch off the line and have been offered 200K. I think these car are the next model to go up over time, as comparison Ferrari 250GTE, 330 equivalents are $500K now. Gullwing motors has been sending out e- mailers looking for Mexicos so you know that there should be some up side there. Really pretty cars in person and will out perform anything in it's class....

15. Azul

Azul Karting

Nov 6, 2011
    Madrid
    Many thanks for your inputs. I will see the car next week and will let you know if I finally buy it!

16. luvcoupes

luvcoupes Karting

Jan 29, 2011
    San Francisco
    I sold 2 Mexicos, one this summer, and one at Monterey in 2014 (private sale).
    The most important question is not just what it costs to purchase, but also what it will cost to restore, to what ever level you desire. But no matter what, you must check for rust in the door bottoms, floors, and rockers to determine if it is within your budget.

17. Azul

Azul Karting

Nov 6, 2011
    Madrid
    Thanks for your input, I agree with you, I know what you mean since I have already restaured a 4porte and a Mistral

18. F456M

F456M F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2010
    Oslo
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Offer the owner 75.000 euro. Work up from there!! Good luck. I really wish I had a Maxico. Best GT Maserati.

19. Azul

Azul Karting

Nov 6, 2011
    Madrid
    I didnt get it, I offered 80000€ and it sold for 90000€, pity...

20. The Surveyor

The Surveyor Karting

Nov 11, 2015
    Newcastle, England
    Full Name:
    Paul Spensley
    #21 The Surveyor, Feb 15, 2016
    It's a shame you missed out on that one, not many about but they are a real classy GT and they seem to be off the radar within normal classic-car circles, they are a real 'secret GT'. When was the last time you saw one in a Classic Car magazine for example?

I'm just starting to get mine buffed for the end of it's winter hibernation.....

21. Azul

Azul Karting

Nov 6, 2011
    Madrid
    Congratulations on your car, it´s really beautiful!

22. Mexico074

Mexico074 Formula 3

Aug 14, 2008
    Harriman, TN USA
    Full Name:
    Michael Demyanovich
    The Amelia Island event is coming up this weekend or next in FL.. I found
    the following Mexico will be up for auction at one of the auctions during
    the weekend:

1967 Maserati Mexico 4700 - Hollywood Wheels Auctions & Shows

The auction estimate, per the site, is $225,000 - $275,000 !!! That is very interesting!

I have mixed feelings on this! In some ways I hope it achieves the price range and then
    again I hope it doesn't. I hope it achieves it as that means that the car is appreciating!
    I hope it doesn't, as I will be even more afraid to drive mine, and I may have to raise
    the insurance on it again, after having just done so!

I am just not sure about those headrests, and the shift knob!

Mike

23. wilde

wilde Formula Junior

Jan 12, 2009
    France
    Ridiculous estimate, this car was for sale few months ago for less... Trees don't grow to the sky ! It is the Sarasota Museum car.

Sarasota Classic Car Museum

24. Mexico074

Mexico074 Formula 3

Aug 14, 2008
    Harriman, TN USA
    Full Name:
    Michael Demyanovich
    Does anyone know if the Mexico, auctioned during the 2016 Amelia Island weekend, sold
    and if so, what it sold for? I have tried looking on the internet, but can find no results!

Thanks..

Mike