Anyone know this 2002 4200 manual Spyder? | FerrariChat

Anyone know this 2002 4200 manual Spyder?

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by ONSilver, Feb 10, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ONSilver

ONSilver Karting

May 26, 2008
    Oakville, Ontario
    Getting close to buying this 55000 kilometres grey/black 2002 spyder with manual transmission (not F1).

Anyone know anything about ZAMBB18A120006197. It's at Pfaff Porsche in Woodbridge, Ontario.

Any ideas on value?

Thanks in advance! Oliver

2. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    Wholesale to a Maserati dealer is less than $15,000.00.

3. ONSilver

ONSilver Karting

May 26, 2008
    Oakville, Ontario
    Well, after a PPI, which showed it in good shape, I finally bought it. It's very clean, full maintenance records, all recalls done, and has 55k kms (about 33k miles). Should get it physically in the next week or so when the weather improves and the roads are dry.

Never thought of it as a true 10/10 handling sportscar, but could be fun during the spring/summer/fall. And it's a 6-speed manual. Be interesting to see how a floppy chassis accepts 390 HP.

Any things to be concerned about/to watch for?

4. bundas

bundas F1 Veteran
    Owner

Dec 31, 2005
    lexington ky usa
    Full Name:
    mitchell barnes
    Manual six speed is rare. Enjoy. Good road car. Quick enough.

5. Tony H

Tony H Karting

Sep 3, 2013
    I have a 2002 6MT Spyder. Make sure the shift linkage is correctly set otherwise hard shifting into 1st and 2nd gear. Remember the transmission is meant to handle 400+ hp so it's not a fingertip shift. I'd also check the wheels, it's hard to tell when the low profile tires are flat and rims get damaged. You can check the clutch condition by looking through the ports in the bell housing. You should be able to see the clutch plate groves. "Floppy chassis" is purely a case of what you expect and imagine. Remember the dash plate says "GT" so it's not a slalom car. It's a great car.

6. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    These cars are one of the best values in sportscars right now. For the price of a rice rocket you can get one, and if you know what you are doing you should be able to operate it at a reasonable cost. If you think the gearbox on the 6MT GT is tricky you should drive an old 1980's De dion axle Alfa :)

7. ONSilver

ONSilver Karting

May 26, 2008
    Oakville, Ontario
    Thanks to everyone for the encouragement. Strangely, I have had a total of three Alfas - 1974 2000 GTV, 1971 1750 Spider, and later a 1975 2000 Spider. All before the Ferrari era I have been lucky enough to have started some 29 years ago. Loved everyone one of them. Might have to revisit the joy of Alfa again - always enjoyed fettling them almost every day!

8. ONSilver

ONSilver Karting

May 26, 2008
    Oakville, Ontario
    #8 ONSilver, Apr 6, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  9. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    One nice thing is if you have Skyhook(Sport button above shifter) you can drop the cars height without changing any parts. They kind of sit high when stock in my opinion.

10. Tony H

Tony H Karting

Sep 3, 2013
    Looks like you got a nice car. These cars are a once in a lifetime bargain. Just focus on what it is and what it does and ignore the armchair critics and you'll enjoy something special.