Long shot, but does anyone know this car? | FerrariChat

Long shot, but does anyone know this car?

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by Kalstar, Feb 13, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Kalstar

Kalstar Karting

Sep 29, 2015
    Cape Cod
    Full Name:
    Jim Kalweit
    Used 2005 Maserati GranSport For Sale in El Paso TX | 50015273

I can buy this car for a song (under $20,000). The dealer knows nothing about this car and had no idea it was not an automatic transmission. No one in El Paso to do a PPI so I would need to buy it blind.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. 355dreamer

355dreamer F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 3, 2006
    DC Metro
    Full Name:
    L.C.
    With 60k miles, 20k seems about right. The only mystery would likely be clutch condition, so if you buy it, be sure to budgets few K to have that addressed.

3. dt34

dt34 Rookie

Aug 20, 2013
    Michigan
    Thats a lot of car for 20k. Like 355 said with 60k miles the price is about right. I would just set a few grand aside to get the car sorted. I would ask around to see if there are any good indy's near El Paso. Without a decent shop to take it to, I would pass.

You can check out maserati life dot com for more info. These cars can be had cheap due to the maintenance cost out of warranty. If you know accept that going in they are great cars.

4. Kalstar

Kalstar Karting

Sep 29, 2015
    Cape Cod
    Full Name:
    Jim Kalweit
    Thx guys.

There seems to be no independent shops either in or around El Paso (and I am 1500 miles away).

355...I own a 355 as well, what great cars!!!

Clutch is about 4K correct?

5. dt34

dt34 Rookie

Aug 20, 2013
    Michigan
    Ah sorry I assumed you were in El Paso but I see you are on the Cape. Clutch can be anywhere from 3k to 7k I think. I think most pay right around your number of 4k. These really are great cars for the money. Your other option would be to look around for a manual coupe. Happy hunting

6. Vito

Vito Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 29, 2004
    Dutchess County, NY
    Kalstar/Jeff - Private message sent